*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271714-As-Cold-as-Ice-Its-in-her-blood
by alexmp
Rated: E · Fiction · Mythology · #2271714
a greek inspired comedy for a contest
Boreas was sleeping sprawled on his throne, because though he was immortal; he had nothing better to do. His dreams came and went in black and white and seemed to ride on the north wind he was made of. In other words they were cold and hard to pin down for long. He had just begun to dream of a troubling energy deep within the earth when he was startled awake.
“Boreas!” Shouted Posiedon, “You have got to control that wretched daughter of yours!”
Boreas yawned, then groaned, “You barnacle brain, can’t you see I was sleeping?”
Poseidon rolled his eyes, just the action made Boreas sea sick.
“If I let you speak saltily of my daughter, will you leave me be?”
Poseidon just laughed, “You bet I will, but old thunder pants might not be happy to hear you’re sleeping on the job.”
Boreas was suddenly wide awake, “Leave Zeus out of this I say! Whatever my daughter has done I will fix it!”
“Oh really?” asked Posiedon, wiggling his eyebrows.
“Yes!” Boreas practically screamed. Then hearing himself Borreas blushed, cleared his throat in a manly way and said calmly, “Yes, I will.”
Poseidon smirked and said, “Well your daughter has been causing the water to freeze too early in washington, the state that is. I had just been enjoying a vacation away from Olympus on the beach when my toes started to freeze over!”
Boreas sniggered, “Well she is the goddess of that element you know. What else was she supposed to do? No need to get your tunic in a twist!”
“She’s as cold as ice!” Poseidon growled.
“Because she is the manifestation of ice! What did you expect of Khione!”
“Don’t defend her!” Poseidon roared.
But Boreas couldn’t hear him because he had fallen fast asleep in a matter of seconds.
Poseidon grumbled as he walked away, “Wind gods! They’re always such airheads!”
And with that he was gone.


© Copyright 2022 alexmp (alexmp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271714-As-Cold-as-Ice-Its-in-her-blood