*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271742-Catching-Up
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2271742
Flash Fiction
Catching Up

I love second hand stores. Walking around seeing weird things people decided they didn’t need. Of course, there are things people do need, the former owner either getting a new one, or moving up in the world... my take on cooking gadgets. Moving up for me being somebody else doing the cooking...

I walked around, various things catching my eye. A lamp that looked like a banana, the shade in the shape of a hand reaching for it. Pretty creative, though I had a hard time thinking who might like it in their house. Lots of picture frames, some had the last picture before donation still in it. I perused the people who got “dumped,” (who would toss a frame with someone special’s picture still in it?)

There was a vase shaped like a heart, very lovely, I gave it a pass. I never liked cut flowers in the house. Sure they look great for a while, but then they turn, and start to smell bad...

When I got to the book section, one of my favorites, I found some novels I’d heard of but never read, and only a dollar each! But my favorite thing was the diary.

Obviously a young girl’s, junior high, early high school. I assumed her parents tossed it, cleaning out her room now that she was in her late twenties and on her own. I knew this because I happened to know her...

The things she did in school! Outrageous! Expected though, knowing the stuck up bitch she was today. The exact woman who stole the job I was supposed to get! I bet they’d think twice if they knew what was on the rap sheet from her teens... the way I do now...

Payback is very sweet... and I am so on it...
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271742-Catching-Up