*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272371-A-Missing-Super-Human
by Jamin
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #2272371
A guy named Polo enters a bar to find out what happened to his missing super-human wife.
Polo marched into the pub, his hands grappling the door with sheer force, and slammed it back with a clap that sounded like thunder. All the drunken sweaty men inside, snapped their heads toward the sound to see Polo making heavy steps on the wooden floor. Polo's eyes darted to each corner of the room, staring at the people who gave him a nasty look. The room was filled with intoxicating white smoke that burned Polo's throat and made him cough a good one. The dripping sweat on the men's faces looked like they had just come out of a sauna, but were only in fact in the Old Grove, a bar that allowed the white smoke to be puffed by stressed middle aged men. In the corner, Polo observed that there were pictures of some men, who had faces of nausea and delusion spread across their red cheeks. This made Polo think about his father for just a second.

After his eyes navigated throughout the bar, Polo's eyes landed on the man he was looking for. A pale man in a leather jacket stood at the back of the bar, handing out cheap beers to the puffy men. The man looked back at Polo, and his face contorted to an even greater shade of pale, if you could even call it a shade. Polo smirked, and continued walking toward the bartender, his marching now turning into a graceful stride. When Polo got up to the counter, he rested his hands on top of the sticky wood, where hundreds of people had passed out.

"Can I help you sir?" the bartender asked, his voice letting out a little quiver.

"Yeah, do you know a woman who might have had super abilities come into your bar at around 9:30 PM last Sunday?" Polo said, resting his eyes on the young bartender.

The bartender, who's name was Daniel Sudansky, started to sweat, "W-what sir?"

Polo, who's face was now grinning devilishly, repeated his statement. "Did you see a woman with special abilities walk into this dirty bar sometime last Saturday?"

The man choked on his words, "No, I don't think I saw a girl like that mister, best you look somewhere else." The bartender - who's name was Daniel, as Polo figured out by the name tag on his shirt - quickly looked down at the sticky brown counter after he said those words.

Polo then laughed, "Ha! What did they tell you Daniel?" he asked.

"What did who tell me?"

"The feds of course, how much money did they give you?"

"Sir, I don't have any idea what you're talking about."

"Bullshit, you're in this bar everyday, you witness everything, and my wife just happened to disappear while you were here. So where did they take her?" Polo pulled his handy Glock out, and aimed it in the direction of Daniel's chest.

"I'm going to let you guess what happens if you don't tell me." he stated.

Daniel threw up his hands, and stared at Polo with deep worry, "Ok sir just put the gun down, we don't need to escalate the situation."

Polo aimed the gun even higher now, which caused the hairs on Daniels arms to stand straight up. "You've already escalated everything, I'm just reacting. Now, tell me." Polo demanded.

Daniel hesitated for a moment, taking a deep breath before speaking. His mom had always told him to do that as a kid, he missed his mother right now. Daniel opened his mouth, but before he did, a big man came sprinting up to Polo and tackled him like a football player. Polo's whole body was swept back in such a sudden motion, that took him a second to realise what was happening. The two bodies thudded to the ground, the big man smothering Polo with all his weight. Polo's gun skidded across the floor and halted near the bottom of the counter.

"Get off of me!" Polo yelled, as he tried to free his way out of the man that was Patrick Wellis. Patrick did not move and did not budge. His training in Iraq had taught him the best way to hold down a threatening person, and he viewed Polo as one. Daniel grabbed Polo's gun on the floor, sweat pouring down his armpits. He fumbled for his phone in his pocket, and dialed 911. Polo meanwhile, had stopped kicking and punching Patrick to get out of his grip, as he had been punched in the head by Patrick himself, causing him to slump forward and take a nights rest.





© Copyright 2022 Jamin (bababooey123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272371-A-Missing-Super-Human