*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273378-A-Lovely-Afternoon
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2273378
Flash Fiction
A Lovely Afternoon

“I’m tired, I’m leaving,” said Ted.

“Wait! They’re coming back.” Geo whispered.

“Do you see them?” Ted whispered back.

“No...”

“Geo! We’ve been here for twenty minutes! If they were coming back they would have come already! Let’s go!”

“They’re coming back, I just know it.”

“Oh are you a fortune teller of something? Do you see things in the stars?”

“First of all this isn’t a fortune and second it’s daylight, how could I see things in the stars?”

“That was sarcasm you idiot. What makes you think they’re coming back? Why would they?”

“Well, Janet left her bag on the bench for one...”

“What? Why didn’t you mention?”

“I thought you’d seen it and was thinking the same thing when you said, ‘let’s see if they come back.’”

“Oh. Well, I get it now. But, we could go pick up the bag and go find them!” Ted said.

“No,” Geo said quickly before Ted could start over.

“Why not?”

First of all, there’s nothing on the bag to let us know it’s Janet’s. Second of all I know that store, my sister buys things there, girl things... I don’t think either one of them would want us to show up with it.”

“Oh...”

“Here they come! We should wait until after they get the bag before we say hello. So they won’t be embarrassed.”

“Where did you learn all this stuff?”

“I have sisters, you’re an only child.”

“So you’re more worldly?”

“Unfortunately, only about teenage girls!”

“That’s pretty much all we think about these days anyway...” said Geo.

“Yes, you are right again! Let’s go bump into those two right now!”

And it was a lovely afternoon at the park for those four teenagers, indeed.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273378-A-Lovely-Afternoon