*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273586-Ode-to-Lesia
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #2273586
This is a memorial for the love of my life, my wife Lesia.
I am going to use Lesia’s words about me to start. When her brother Bobby came to visit one time, she told him she couldn’t ask for a better husband. She probably could have, but I was glad to hear her say it. I feel the same about her. She was perfect for me. We understood each other. We loved each other like I wouldn’t have believed possible.

The odds were against us being together. We dated when we were young. We went our separate ways for reasons that I won’t get into right now. All of a sudden, years later, I got a letter from her. One thing led to another. Before I knew what was happening, we were married. Don’t get me wrong. I insisted on a long enough of an engagement to be sure. I should have known better than that. My marriage to Lesia was the happiest time of my life.

It was like we were made for each other. We loved the same music. Our values and morals matched. We both cared about the same things. Of course, we each had interests that the other wasn’t into. That was for the best. It kept things from being boring.

Lesia Thomas was truly beautiful, in all ways. She said what she meant. She meant what she said. There was no deception in her at all. You had to take her as she was, or you didn’t take her at all. She was completely honest with everybody and about everything. She cared deeply for everybody in her life, both animal and human. She was filled with love. I don’t see how one woman can have that much love in her soul. She loved me wholeheartedly, and I loved her just as much. I had never had that kind of love before. Being with Lesia made me a better person. I just pray that I stay the kind of person that she would love and respect now that I’m on my own without her good influence.
© Copyright 2022 ForeverDreamer (joefredthomas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2273586-Ode-to-Lesia