*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274607-Two-Weird
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2274607
Flash Fiction
Two Weird

“That was weird.”

“What?” Harry looked up from his phone, Joe was staring out at the field.

“You didn’t see it?”

“No, I was looking at my phone.”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why were you looking at your phone? It didn’t ring or anything.”

“Sometimes when it’s in my pocket I don’t hear it, so I always check.”

“You can’t hear it from in your pocket?”

“Not always, but often. Then I get in trouble because I miss a call, or a text, like from my mother telling me to pick something up on the way home.”

“Why can’t you hear it? I always hear my phone. Do you have too quiet of a ring?”

“No, I picked the loudest one they had.”

“And you still don’t hear it? Doesn’t make sense... are you hard of hearing?

“Well, no, I think it’s my pocket really.”

“Your pocket?”

“Yes. I keep my phone in my pocket, sometimes I don’t hear it ring. It gets stuck between my wallet, and whatever other junk I have in there and I just don’t hear it.”

“Why don’t you put it in your other pocket?”

“Because I’m right handed.”

“Oh, ok... Well, why don’t you put the other stuff in your left pocket?”

“Because I’m right handed, I told you.”

“So you’re saying you’re right handed, so everything has to go in your right pocket?”

“Of course.”

“That’s not true. Who told you that?” ;

“My brother, Alex.”

“Alex lied. You can use all your pockets, front and back for all the things you want to carry. It’s the law!”

“What! I’m gonna kill Alex when I get home!! So... what was so weird you wanted me to see?”

“I can’t even remember, you were weirder.”

“Gee, thanks!” Harry said smiling.

Joe just rolled his eyes.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2274607-Two-Weird