*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2275520-Heat
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2275520
A brief moment of temptation.
The cold air hit me as soon as I stepped out onto the pavement. I welcomed it, my heart still calming from the evening's events. Turning the key in the glass door I looked through into the dark bar, lit only by the lights from the beer chillers behind the counter, trying to ignore the growing tightness in my chest: trying to think about anything else. But she was still there, in my head, taking up every inch of vacant space, suffocating my every thought.
Jamming my hands into my pockets I bowed my head against the piercing night breeze and began the long walk home. Focus on home, I thought. I had a girlfriend, the love of my life, my soul mate. She was waiting for me at home. I quickened my pace. She would make everything ok, just with one look, one touch, one hug. My soul flooded with shame but I quickly shook it off with thoughts of our cats. Three little ones at home also, probably spread out on my side of the bed, snuggled up closely to Meredith for warmth.
© Copyright 2022 MaoriIncog (pounamur78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2275520-Heat