*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2275541-Fire
by KRGoGo
Rated: ASR · Other · Dark · #2275541
Reflection on who you are in life
Here we are. In a space of darkness, isolation, but fire being on the outskirts, slowing creeping its way towards us.

The smoke is filling. It is heavy and you start to choke as it approaches your lungs. You look for exits, but there are none that can be see . It is dark and lonely. Will you be found? If you scream will anyone hear you? Even if you try, you will inhale more smoke.

The walls are filled with heat. The touch burns and it waves to the floor. It is an unbearable pain that you can’t escape. However movements are made to find your way out snd escape. With each inhale, your body shakes constantly and uncontrollably. Your breath takes in more smoke and we try to rid of it.

You quickly become more disoriented and dizzy. Visibility is no more. Will you make it out? Will you die alone? Will it be painful? You see the fire so close to the touch. It’s spread on the walls that have you surrounded.

You get down even lower. Not even crawling anymore, but dragging yourself across the floor, but the floor is hot now and the heat is unbearable. The flames are now consuming it. Soon you will be next.

As you take an inhale the flames start to consume you. The pain of your burning flesh is not like any other pain you’ve ever felt before. Tears stream down your eyes and you ask, “is this it? Is this how I will be remembered?”

You try to roll around in the space but the fire is too much. You can’t get it off. You want to die right away, but this is a slow and painful process.

The pain you experience as you perish make you unable to think. Your screams keep feeling the room. Your flesh melts right off your body. All of a sudden, you are not able to scream anymore.

You take one last breath as the excruciations overcome your body and you pass. Is this how you will be remembered? Being burned to death?

Not exactly.

The emptiness represents that you pushed others away because they are different. Instead of resolution, you chose retaliation.

The smoked that filled the air and clogged your lungs was the toxic environment you created. It left you disoriented and unable to think.

The heat you felt were the times you had the opportunity to change. A warning to find a different way, and quickly. A chance to get to safety.

The screams you heard are a sharp reminder of when the pain hits and there is nothing you can do. Nowhere you can go. The emptiness and loneliness you felt dying is how you left others behind.

The pain your body felt is the exact same pain you inflicted on others your entire life. The scars on your flesh are like the wounds you pierced through people’s hearts. The acts of deception, the violence, all while having a lack of empathy

The burns you felt is the hate you spewed during your lifetime. Your mind was deceived and you mistook evil for good, and good for evil. You wished death on others, you committed atrocities, and supported them. And now here you are. How will you be remembered?

You will be remembered for being the fire.

In the beginning, I said here WE are.
© Copyright 2022 KRGoGo (krgogo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2275541-Fire