*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276715-The-deer-the-fountain-and-the-lion
Rated: 13+ · Other · Animal · #2276715
Looks are deceiving
The deer, the fountain, and the lion{
Once upon a time there was a little deer who lived peacefully in a lush forest. The story goes that on a hot afternoon, he ate some leaves that were growing on a bush and went for a walk. The sun burned mercilessly and suddenly he was thirsty. Take a short breath to locate the closest source and slowly work your way there. When I got there, he took a big drink of cold water. - What luxury! There's nothing better than plunging your nose into cold water on a summer day!
Once he finished calming down, he realized that the clear waters of the stream were returning him to his own image. He often drank from small puddles, so he never got a chance to see his appearance clearly. I was excited to see reflected in this big mirror! He carefully looked at himself from all possible angles and smiled with satisfaction. Like most deer, it is a very beautiful animal, with soft brown fur and a slender neck. - In fact, I'm much prettier than I expected! And what wonderful wood I have! It is the most beautiful antler antler in existence. The arrogant deer stared at his head for a long time. Then he leaned over a little and looked at the reflection of his weak and slender legs like four reeds on the stream. He sighed, slightly disappointed.
With my size and strength like horns, how could my legs be so skinny? They look like they're about to snap at any moment, they're tall and skinny... Oh, if I could replace them with big strong lion paws!
He was so engrossed in looking at his body that he didn't notice a lion watching him lurking in the bush until a hideous roar sounded behind him. Without looking back, he ran towards the plain like a demon spirit. Thanks to its complete command of running in the open field and its long and agile legs, it gained a great advantage over the lions. When he was far enough away, he returned to the forest. What a big mistake the deer made! What seemed like a safe zone turned into a big trap for him. You know why? Well, without realizing it, it got under a very dense bush and hung its huge horns on the branches below. In his daze, he began to move like a madman to free it. His instinct told him that the lion was not far away, and he was getting more and more desperate. - Oh, I can't! Either I quit, or I have no end!
He was not mistaken at all: from his right, the lion inadvertently approached. He thought that he only had one chance and that he should take advantage of it. - Now or never!
He took a deep breath and made a sharp, jerky movement with his head. He could have broken his neck, but luckily the plan works: he broke the branch and was free. - I understands! I understand! Now I have to get out of this forest somehow!
He ran again towards the plain, where there are no trees, this time losing himself in the distance. When the lion emerged from the forest and appeared in the clearing, the only trace of the deer was the white dust that rose in flight. The lion roared and returned to the army.
Meanwhile, the distant deer felt so excited that he narrowly escaped death! Panting and dying of thirst, he looked for another source of fresh water and found it. When I finished drinking, I looked at his face and body, but now, after what happened, his thoughts were completely different. - How wrong I was! I complained about my skinny legs, but thanks to us we saved my skin; Instead, my precious trees, of which I am so proud, almost killed me. Then he humbly admitted something he had never thought about. Today I learned a great lesson: in life, many times we value the least important things. From today, I will not believe in appearances. Moral: Sometimes we give our hearts to those who dazzle us, but at a time when the truth is not so great and we miss it; On the contrary, sometimes we ignore others who go unnoticed but who are great and deserve to be known. In life, you must avoid the trap of appreciating things or people for their appearance, because appearances can be deceiving.




© Copyright 2022 PatriciaNieto (patricia99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276715-The-deer-the-fountain-and-the-lion