*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277129-Sleep-Paralysis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2277129
We are okay.
                                                 Sleep Paralysis

         

         Everything is perfectly okay. I am okay. The stars shining bright outside my window are okay. The dim blurred shapes of my dresser and wardrobe are okay. The open doorway is okay.
The eyes, burning bright in the miasmatic darkness are okay. The slouching black ooze slipping from the closet is okay. The skinless spongy limb sprawling out from underneath my bed is okay. The way it gropes, trailing up my bed clothes to snag at my legs is okay. The broken necked creature clutching tight to the wall is okay. It skitters its way closer and that's okay. Its form stretches to inspect me and that's okay. The tongue that laves over my face, sticky and impossibly long, is okay too.
My face, skinned cleanly from my skull, is okay when it slides down that creature's maw. My tongue, pulled from my mouth and severed at the root is okay. My voice silenced forevermore is okay.
The limp, fleshy one warming itself on my lap is okay. It buries into my stomach, fingers devoid of nails or skin grind my meat apart to form a cozy nest but that's okay.

They leave me. The eyes, the limb, the feaster and the burrower leave me and that is okay. I have nothing left to offer and that's okay. They will move on to another offering and that's okay too.
You will be okay.

© Copyright 2022 Tick Tock I am a Clock (ticktockfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277129-Sleep-Paralysis