*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277564-Dont-Touch-That-Button-Big-Al
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Satire · #2277564
Don’t Touch That Button, Big Al! for Daily Flash
Don’t Touch That Button, Big Al!



Big Al, the people’s pal”, won the 2028 election in a bitterly fought campaign. He won the election by running a hard-right campaign positing himself as the heir of Trumpism and renamed the Republican Party, the Christian Republican Party.
He was meeting Sandra Jackson the first female President who had gotten elected in 2024 in a contest that was fought by the SC which ruled, in a 5-4 decision, against the myriad challenges rejecting the claims that legislatures can overturn the popular vote if they so choose, absent clear evidence of massive fraud. The SC ruled that there was no massive fraud involved and that the elections were run fairly and objectively.

She was showing him around and pointed out the red hotline phone that connected the president to the Pentagon, the State Department, the UN, and world leaders including the Presidents of Russia and China. She also pointed out the secret door to the presidential bug-out room, where the president could go in an emergency tunnel that led to the Pentagon. Finally, she pointed out the flower pot that contained the presidential codes to the nuclear codes hidden among the flowers.

Finally, she pointed out a red button and said

Don’t touch this,

Why?

It is the doomsday button. If you hit, it triggers the nuclear forces for an immediate response.

Al Wilson, true to the impulsive risk-taking personality that so endeared him to his followers, touched the button. Red flashing lights came on along with a loud announcement.

“ You Have triggered the nuclear alert. Please acknowledge if this is real, a drill, or a mistake. You have five seconds to respond.”

Big Al said,

“It’s a mistake.”

And the sounds faded away.


Winner!
James Fainted (E)
Flash Fiction
#2277498 by Jacky (96)


Prompt for 7/29
Write a story that includes the words: flower, phone, door
Have fun!


Prompt for 7/28
Write a story that includes the line: “Don’t touch anything.”
Have fun!
© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277564-Dont-Touch-That-Button-Big-Al