*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278033-Going-Home
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2278033
Flash Fiction
Going Home

Sharon and Bill strolled down the street. They loved traveling and now, being retired, they could. They’d gotten married right out of high school, both having grown up in the same town, the town generations of both of their families had grown up in. One of the things that attracted them to one another in the first place was the desire to travel.

Even when their kids were young they traveled every chance they could. The kids loved it and both grew up to be active travelers themselves, their daughter actually taking a job in Egypt, and eventually moving on to Sudan.

This was their first trip to Sudan, They were excited to explore it, as well as seeing where their daughter lived now. The trip was long, and since she worked daily they’d checked into a hotel at the airport to rest up, planning to go to her apartment the next afternoon. She had a special dinner planned, and the weekend set for tours of her new country.

They checked out the next day, renting a car for the visit, and for the planned tours over the weekend. Since she lived in a compound, they had parked at the guest garage and were walking to her apartment building, excited about seeing her, her new life, and touring beautiful Sudan.

Suddenly, Sharon stopped, starting at another apartment building. It was still beautifully kept, but obviously quite old.

“This isn’t her place, is it?” Bill said, pulling a paper, with her address on it, out of his pocket. Sharon didn’t answer, she just stood looking at the building.

“Sharon!” Bill interrupted her reverie, “this isn’t her building, what are you looking at?”

“This beautiful old building...” Sharon said, quietly.

“Why?” Bill asked, perplexed.

“I used to live here.” Sharon said, quietly.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278033-Going-Home