*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278361-Auto-Crit-Synopsis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Codi
Rated: E · Sample · Contest Entry · #2278361
Creating a synopsis for a contest. Must be 1000 words or less.
Delivery is backbreaking work and after many years of driving in his hot truck, dealing with angry customers and an overbearing boss, Jeremy is ready to retire and enjoy the rest of his days relaxing on a beach in the Poconos. Or more likely in a kiddie pool that he bought from the local yard sale that he'll be soaking his feet in as he drinks some stale lager because that's all he'll be able to afford from his meager pension. For his last trip, his boss gives him just one, singular package to deliver. One that takes up his entire truck, but it seems quick and simple enough. Just drive into some woods, unload it and then he'll be on his way. But it was a more than that. A LOT more. He's transported live cargo before, so this wasn't his first rodeo, but this was a bit odd. The sounds were from no creature he had ever heard before and the instructions that came with the transport were different. This being his last delivery, he succumbs to curiosity and did what he had been wanting to do for years but dared not lest he lose his job: he opens the box.

What greets him is beyond his wildest expectations. Bursting from the box was a beast of legends, one that should not exist. Half bird, half lion, a large griffin stands before him. Despite the ferocity of both animals that comprised its anatomy, it holds a certain gentleness about it. It seems to almost have human-level intelligence. It's grateful to be freed from its confinement and while clearly wary of Jeremy, it seems to know he means no harm. He's not like the others that put it in the box.

But much like opening Pandora's box, opening this one is not without consequences. A secret society formed a millennia ago that sought to keep magic a secret from the human world, including its numerous mystical creatures. The griffin, which he comes to learn to be called Terra from her beautiful earthen tones of her lioness hide and the green feathers and floral colors of her eagle body, is unique herself among the griffins and has the ability to control earth magic. There are other creatures trapped throughout the world. There is Aquis, a blue wyvern whose scales shine like the water powers he wields, Firenze, a black winged horse with glistening fire in his fur, hooves and wings, Glaciek, a snowy harpy and then finally, _____ a hydra whose personality is every bit as thunderous as his magic and appearance. Together, they must track down the others and lead the way to freeing the world from its confines for good.

Along the way, they discover many more myths and legends that they thought to be only fairytales to be real and that even the society that seeks to keep magic down are some of the greatest figures to grace the pages of the stories known to man, including Merlin himself. This leads Jeremy to question, who really are the good guys here? His journey leads him to not only discover things about the world at large, but also himself and lead him to wonder: what is real and what is fantasy?
© Copyright 2022 Codi (sensorium84 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278361-Auto-Crit-Synopsis