*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278706-Talking-the-Talk
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2278706
Flash Fiction
Talking the Talk

I walk around my house trying to picture it from a stranger’s perspective. I’m putting it up for sale.

“This is crazy,” I say out loud, “I’ve lived here all my life!”

That actually irritates me. I try so hard not to talk out loud, but when you live alone in a huge house... well, this is one of the reasons I need to sell it. I am obviously alone too often...

It isn’t just talking to myself out loud. I’ve been known to have lively conversations with my dog, who has passed on however. I also talk to the mice (need to get rid of those mice...) but worse! Inanimate objects!

I apologize to furniture I bump into... I rotate my glassware so every glass ‘gets it’s chance’ to be used... I have an ongoing disagreement with my vacuum cleaner. I have been known to actually swear at it when it gets stuck, or heaven forbid, sucks up the edge of the rug!

And then, I have heated conversations with tangled cords. I have been known to rip their little ends practically off when they refuse to untangle! But I digress...

I need to sell my house, I need an apartment somewhere. I need to live near people. It’s not that I’m so fond of people. Though, not fond of the amount of work, I’ve read, to get a house ready to sell. But the biggest issue is the talking.

This morning I apologized to my sponge because it was falling apart and I had to let it go in favor of a new sponge. My sponge! This can’t be good...

My kitchen table seems not to have an opinion... well, pffft, I get it, it knows it’ll go with me when I move.

Time to call the realtor...
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278706-Talking-the-Talk