*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280758-George-Forsyth
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #2280758
Starstuck fan of a actor from many generations ago.
It was 1988 but Lloyd d wanted it to be 1948. You see 1948 was the year his favorite actor George Forsyth made trail to death .Trail to death is a b movie black and white western .as lloyd watched his old movie he taped off the late late show.

His younger brotherplainly did not see why he watched kid movies. Lloyed I got 2001 on vhs or dirty Harry why this silly film from when F.d.r was president. Trail to death was when Truman was president.while clint Eastwood has some good acting talent and 2001 a excitng science fiction film.there s something about George Forsyth I know why I like his cowboy movies it's off the tip of my tongue just cant verbally say why.
By the 80s the western was dead but one day after lloyed s farther had passed he was lonely and watched a black and white western staring George Forsyth.
At the library ,lloyed found a small article on George Forsyth.the book was about western actors .while Forsyth did not have the career of Roy Roger's or John wayne he had a interesting life. Served in Navy in w.w. 2.
Had small part in three stooges short.guest stared in ozzie n harriet, Tom corbet space cadet. After doing some searching in the phone book did searching located his son. The retirement home George Forsyth was staying in was not far from lloyed home.
Forsyth was not expecting guest s nor a guest as young as lloyed.Do I know I you ?George Forsyth aske d while he wondered who this young man was, his legs were tired tired aitng in his chair.all day and he only received relatives for visitors .I love your westerns.
What you know about my movies?
I tape them off the late show.
Where my residuals Forsyth laughed.
What do you like about my movies?
The action. I don't care if it's in black and white.
Do you like big bands? George Forsyth asked
Sir, I don't know what that is. Oh, Forsyth paused.
You don't have to call me sir. Quite frankly I am shocked you know my name. I had a pretty bad drinking problem director s lost patience with me. I am
A wash-up. I could have been a star but I was my own worst enemy. The best advice I can give you is to be your own best friend and be your own worst enemy.
Forsyth gave him a prop gun
I used this prop gun on justice with a colt 45. you can have it.

Lloyd left the the retirement home, no longer seeing g George Forsyth as an actor in old films but now as a human being. Those films are full of human beings like everyone else.
© Copyright 2022 Ben lancer (bionicman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280758-George-Forsyth