*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280890-A-Servant-Named-Cupit
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Paranormal · #2280890
Love, a word that should obscure introductions - Could a lowly servant prod a partnership?

A Servant Named Cupit



There is a crowd. "Feel obliged to freshen up with any utilities that could be of use to you," the servant gestures as he speaks, directing the guests like traffic. They have all gathered around the entrance which should be weatherproof and roofed. The servant says, "these two couches that face one another, are free for leisure and a fireplace sits not far from them."

There are five guests dispersing when the front door closes with a thud seemingly closing itself. Mr. Wallaby tries the handle and it turns freely, to feel at ease that the door, unlocked, has not trapped them within the Giraffe Manor they visit. Just then, Jeff Giraffe yodels and walks down the main stairs which span the width of a stage. Mr. Giraffe calls for the butler. He makes his way to the floor and immediately maintains that he needs his butler and that servant casts a shadow over the door.

Cupit (the butler) asks his employer, "Mr. Giraffe would you care if I should call the medic? You seem pale and flustered, wandering." Jeff shrugs. He takes a whiff of Cupit's paranoia and says, "No need for a medic. I can smell the alcohol on your breath, Cupit. Please (The servant peers at Mr. Giraffe's beady eyes). Consider this a warning and once more you are relieved to your leave and off duty." There are two guests on the couches now, one across from another. Mr. Wallaby speaks softly to Ms. Wolverine.


"Will you gander at this presentation? There is no telling when Mr. Giraffe will be ready for us," Ms. Wolverine regards the conversation between Jeff and Cupit. Mr. Wallaby responds, "the door seemed to close itself. I swear I was the last one inside the place." Ms. Wolverine ponders this perplexity and smiles. Mr. Wallaby continues, "There are earthquakes not far from here because doors are made to be displaceable."

Mr. Giraffe straightens his tie. "You two," Jeff spouts, "keep the volume down." Ms. Wolverine nor Mr. Wallaby offer any protest. The group gathers when Mr. Dog and his pal Mr. Hog join Mrs. Goose (in an armchair adjacent to the fireplace) in the living room area. Mr. Giraffe asks his guests, each, "Mrs. Goose, would you care to know that it is a pleasure to have you here?" Mrs. Goose throws a paw at him in a titter. Jeff whisps, "Mr. Hog and Mr. Dog, thank you one and then another for your fastidious attention." Mr. Hog whispers into Dog's ear but Jeff Giraffe asks, "Mr. Wallaby and Ms. Wolverine? The two of you were first to the living quarters and would the two of you care to tend to the fireplace?" Each nod.

Jeff Giraffe mutters to himself and a nosebleed left a streak of steak sauce down his bib and the floor. A puddle. He notices, now. "Excuse me before I must take leave, myself. From tending the Giraffe Manor," Jeff sighs out every last word before traipsing towards the stairs. Mr. Hog and his companion Mr. Dog, notice the puddle of blood before the rest of the group. "You take his left shoulder," Mr. Hog assumes. "You take his right shoulder then," Mr. Hog attempts a rebuttal. "Jeff, can you hear us? You must speak for a moment," Mr. Dog licks at the Giraffe Manor's retainer. Jeff sights but says, "If you would help me to my room. I could use sleep."


Mr. Hog and Mr. Dog each hold an arm and shoulder of Jeff Giraffe. "Are they accompanying him or carrying him? I should know," Mrs. Goose stares upon the main staircase of a vestibule not far off of the living room with the warmth of a roaring fire. Mrs. Goose ejects her words to Jeff Giraffe, "Remember the Lord, Mr. Giraffe." She thinks a moment and then continues, "Jesus loves you." She smiles so Mr. Wallaby and Ms. Wolverine attend the fire as their host had put upon request.

"I am sure his room must be at the fourth level of this Manor," Ms. Wolverine poses her suggestion to Mr. Wallaby. Wolverine tosses a log into the flames and then Wallaby pokes at the embers with a dark fire poker. The couch in this living room area nearest the vestibule is orange although the furniture in contrast to it is teel. "They are nice furniture anyways," Mrs. Goose says and tends closer. Ms. Wolverine and Mr. Wallaby respond to their original places upon the couches when Mrs. Goose treks the fireplace display.

Wolverine and Wallaby speak softly to one another and Mrs. Goose extends her palms to a warm fireplace. "Will you take part in preparing the fire once more? To a better flame, "Mrs. Goose interprets with a discreet pair. Ms. Wolverine withdrew. Mr. Wallaby asks Mrs. Goose, "Will you be preparing dinner then? And to no end," the guest of this Manor should suggest that Mrs. Goose is a chambermaid or some hand cook.

There is a rumble as Mr. Hog nearest to his comrade Mr. Dog retracts themselves down the main staircase to the home's vestibule. Wallaby says, "I told you there are earthquakes not far from here," to Wolverine on her teel couch across from his orange seat. The chandelier trembles. Glass crystals strike their edges to tink and ping. Wolverine remembers, "This earthquake is nowhere near us. It is here, right now!" As if to adjust her seat, Mrs. Goose puts her arms on the tops of each arm in her chair and takes hold. "It looks like she is taking on five Gs," Wolverine tells Wallaby even though the door seems to open on its own accord.

Mr. Hog joins Mr. Dog to exit from the open entrance of Giraffe Manor. Mr. Hog slams the door shut as he follows Dog to go. They depart down the Marble walk and then to the cement roadside and to exit.


Cupit, Mr. Giraffe's butler asks Wolverine and Wallaby, "Could the two of you join me on the second floor? The hallway there resembles a labyrinth even if the door is the third one to the right," the servant responds to these two guests. "You must come quickly, please," Cupit falters to a stride into the vestibule and up the widely arranged stairs of the main staircase here in the front of the house. As he walks Cupit says, "He is growing ill so there is not much time." Wolverine recalls, "Not a very keen presentation as was addressed, now, it should seem." Cupit agrees, "Uh huh" and Wallaby is not sure if the servant understands.

Cupit pledges any withholdings to this impromptu couple, saying (and prancing rhythmically up the stairs), "He has a fresh pen in his right hand. There is a document sitting on his nightstand. I am sure there is no witness to be considered. He does know how to use a voice recorder, though. It is a digital one. Jeff... Mr. Giraffe is by no means foolhardy," A hallway appears over the top stair to behold a great portrait of Mr. Giraffe and his assumed family when Cupit speaks.


The butler reveals with a brisk breath, "Leave the first and second door alone. He is in the third door to the right. Mr. Giraffe... You can call him Jeff. He has requested to see which guests remain and so as Mrs. Goose seems to be glued to her chair (Literally because the earthquake scared the breath right out of her) and so I digress."

"It is an unusually time-consuming walk to Jeff Giraffe who could be in the third door on the right side of this lengthy hallway," Ms. Wolverine tells Mr. Wallaby. They pass a door with no handle. Wallaby says with a passion, "I have never taken a walk with such a great contender of the tongue, so to speak." Wolverine agrees, "there was quite a passionate fire downstairs that I can remember."

With no stalemate, they pass a second door with a spherical window near the door handle. Wallaby slows and then sees Wolverine at a lead so tends to his sneakers instead of the window. He walks more at the pace of Wolverine and leaves the glow that might extend from the window's face or the glint of its sterling silver door handle.


Jeff asks hopefully, "I need a couple to assume my final will and oath." Wolverine grins so Wallaby chimes in, "Mrs. Wallaby and I (pointing at his partner) would be honored to accept whatever you should suggest we might intend to accept. To any fault." Ms. Wolverine clicks her tongue and her eyebrows shrink. Jeff Giraffe uses all of his strength to continue, "Then I will sign you into my will. What are your names?" Mr. Wallaby interrupts another tongue click of Ms. Wolverine by saying, "We are the Wallabys." She gulps air excitedly. Mr. Wallaby tells Jeff, "Bush and Meadow Wallaby. My wife and I." Jeff signs only to digress further.


© Copyright 2022 Matthew Brian Pierce (krayonsmans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280890-A-Servant-Named-Cupit