*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282354-Club-Initiations-Can-Be-Dangerous
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2282354
three boys enter a haunted house to pass a club initiation
Club Initiations Can Be Dangerous
By Phoenix Dragon

"If you want to be in the club, you have to go in."
"All right, all right."
The floor boards creaked under John's weight. When he opened the front door, a musty odor filled his nostrils. The only light came from the grimy windows.
"See," said John, "it's not haunted. It's just an old empty house."
"Listen," said Martin.
They heard what sounded like a faint moan. "Is that someone crying?" asked Jim.
"It's just the wind," said Martin.
"That doesn't sound like wind," said John. "It's coming from in there." He headed toward the next room. The boys followed him and froze.
"What is that?" asked Martin looking at the huge, upright, swirling disk of colors.
"I don't know," said John, "but don't get too close."
Jim picked up a book off the floor and threw it at the disk. It was swallowed up with a sucking sound.
"It could be some kind of portal," said John.
"Portal?" said Jim.
"Dimensional doorway," said John.
"Let's go through and see if those noises are coming from there." Said Martin.
"No!" said John.
"You aren't scared, are you?" said Martin.
"No, but I'm not stupid either. We don't know what that thing is or what it can do."
"Well, I want to know what's on the other side," said Martin. "Besides, all we have to do is turn around and come back."
"And how do you know you'll be able to do that?"
"Club members," said Martin, "let's go."
"Guys, don't do this."
Martin and Jim approached the portal and were sucked in. Almost immediately the disk disappeared.
"Martin! Jim!" John shouted after them. There was only silence. Trembling John stared at the empty space. He thought he heard faint echoes of screams but wasn't sure.
300 words including title

© Copyright 2022 Phoenix Dragon (mepotts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2282354-Club-Initiations-Can-Be-Dangerous