*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283714-Slow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Yio
Rated: E · Essay · Writing · #2283714
They say the light is green and it's time to go. But I forgot, what to wait for...
Most of the time I used to bring only one headset.
Half listen to the song, half stay to feel the changes around me, very strange; obviously put on the headphones is to want to escape from the world for a short time, but I leave one ear to listen to the subtleties around me, who knows; I put down half of the car window, the original warm and soft wind suddenly rushed into the warm and narrow space, wantonly picking up a strand of my hair, obviously the wind is also warm, blowing on the neck but a little cold --- I was distracted again, but I couldn't tell if I was distracted by listening to a song or I was distracted by the wind.
The old grandfather pushes his grandmother in a wheelchair across the road, all the cars stop and wait, in these ten seconds or so to witness the slowness of their era.
The green light came on, and the man in the car window put out his cigarette and exhaled a mist, holding the steering wheel and merging into the traffic, this era of fast cars and horses is like a wind; already I can't see the pair of old people anymore.
I don't know which song was playing in my headphones, like I had just finished watching a compelling movie, and I didn't realize that the movie was over until the end credits rolled, and my mind went back to the headphones, singing the same song all the time, which turned out to be a single song loop; switched to sequential play, and then pressed
I was listening to the wind when I was listening to the song, and the wind when I was listening to the previous song, and the sequence played in my boredom.
The wind was blowing more and more recklessly, with a sense of infinite invasion, making it difficult to breathe, so the windows were closed, and everything outside the window became unreachable, and the songs in the headphones began to be distracting.
They say that closing your eyes makes your hearing blurred
They say the wind blows away many things
They say the light is green and it's time to go
But I forgot, what to wait for
© Copyright 2022 Yio (dddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283714-Slow