*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283716-Lycanthropy-ch3-Crazy-Over-Horses
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Comedy · #2283716
We meet Susie Van Tilden who is running a charity auction at the Harvest Moon Ball
Crazy over horses

The meeting room at a neutral site suggested by an affable distant cousin with no skin in this particular game, was decorated with that anonymity and international flavor of a pre-departure lounge at an oil sheikdoms Airline

The banns were delayed until the legalities of this particular fraught prenuptial negotiation was fine tooth combed by the teams of accountants, financial advisors and lawyers not to speak of the prospective brides lifestyle coach and the grooms bookmaker.

Penalties for peccadilloes, rewards for attempted faithfulness, sub clauses defining each parties type and thereby excusing a wild romp if safely hidden from prying pressman, all were included plus penalties for breaking the agreement.

For him that would be yielding a signed Lou Gehrig baseball card with a rookie picture from 1923 in mint condition and for her a gold scarab brooch with ruby eyes.

So when Susie Van Tilden was contacted by an old college chum with a gold scarab brooch with Ruby eyes to donate to the harvest moon ball charity auction, the very tone of this particular part of the evening was definitely raised.

It certainly was above the level of Great Aunt Malkah out of date Patek Philippe (it still ran but did tend to confuse the year just like Great Aunt Malkah).

There were tennis bracelets of dubious provenance a first edition of mastering the Art signed by Julia herself but marred by varied food stains and a Hepplewhite chair with a very fine scratch but well repaired according to the donor..

Parsons auctions was donating their second-best auctioneer to the shindig and was storing the loot in their capacious safe.

All the Monies earned were to go to a retirement home for superannuated polo ponies.

Susie reflected bitterly.

Money to keep those rat bastard pampered four-footed flea bags rolling in Hay, oats and apples and out of dog food cans!

Suzy Van Tilden hated horses of every stripe, from tiny ponies to massive Percherons ever since at her ninth birthday party she was pitched off of putatively gentle specimen into a pile of dung the beast had recently deposited in the ring.

Since that point she religiously attended the Derby with a hope she suspected NASCAR fans shared with her,of seeing crashes and carnage.

In her happiest dreams she heard the sound of a single pistol’s report.

On visits to Paris she made sure one dining event including a horse meat treat, prepared juicily rare so as to really enjoy its particular equine tang.

Our Susie is not a forgiving individual, is she?

And to add to her disgust with the whole affair, she was obliged to be on stage when two of the beasts were led on for viewing before the auction began.

She insisted that they must be lightly sedated and kept from their ration, to avoid a fecal presentation along with the objects to be auctioned.

It was so agreed.










© Copyright 2022 Cawfeedave (cawfeedave at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283716-Lycanthropy-ch3-Crazy-Over-Horses