*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283848-False-Memories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2283848
It's hard to keep going when you lose someone you love.
I slowly walk to the edge of the cliff, dazed, as if in a trance. Looking down I see the water, churning and deadly. My entire body is trembling, terrified by what I’m about to do. Slowly and carefully, I take her picture out of my pocket. The wind whips at my body, almost tearing the picture from my hand. I place her image against my chest and take a deep breath, inhaling the salty scent of the sea. I lift my head to the sky, closing my eyes, and wrapping her sweater tighter around my body. Thoughts and memories of her assault my mind, making it hard to breathe. I desperately gasp for air before realizing that I don’t want to breathe. With that thought I jump off the cliff, and fall toward the water. The wind rushes past me, ripping at my hair and clothes. All thoughts leave my mind before I finally hit what feels like solid ground. The last thing I see is her picture floating in the water before the world goes black.
© Copyright 2022 Juniper (juniper000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2283848-False-Memories