*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284759-Autobiography
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jack
Rated: NPL · Draft · Biographical · #2284759
Small stories about my life, areas where I learned and all sorts of wacky tales.
I am going to open myself to all those willing to listen and learn, as a warning this autobiography isn't going to be suitable for all ages. With that being said I will be brutally honest and show the real me, as real as a twenty one year old is. As all authors say, this is not for sympathy nor pity. It is simply for those who are interested in what a kid like me has gotten up too, most likely I will revisit this in the future. I'm not the best example to learn from, but I do believe that I might have some knowledge. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this journey.

My name is Jack Jewett, I was born on February 20th in the year of 2001. My mother had given birth to me at a younger age, meaning we had our struggles in the beginning. We lived in Elko, small time town turned large from the mines and drug use. I don't remember much of my time in Elko. Every visit proved to teach me how bad that town was. It had gotten much worse as mines got larger and drugs got stronger. My mother and father always told stories about their adventures and mishaps while growing up there, most of them larger than life, some more sad than reality. I was shortly moved to Pioche, a smaller town with morals and hope. So we thought, finding work and housing in a town where your name was everything was difficult as our name meant nothing to anyone. My father worked hard every day just to provide a downstairs apartment and barely enough food for all of us. It truly was a blessing that my grandparents were always there to help, even if their thoughts on my mom weren't so high.
As expected I don't really remember much of my childhood, may it be from trauma or just from the minds inability to keep itself straight for extended amounts of time. For a small amount of time we were fighting to make it through this month. My dad moved from job to job, getting raises after raises and he finally earned enough money to buy the truck that would shape my life, teach me, and most importantly, make myself who I am. My grandfather had an old 1989 Ford F-150, 4x4 and a single cab, now I know what you're probably thinking. ''Just another redneck with a truck that he bases his whole personality off of.'' And yes I learned a lot about myself in that pile of scrap, but the journeys I went on and the lessons I learned are what shaped me, the truck was just there. I learned how to fish, I learned how to hunt, I learned how to survive. The truck had shown me places and opened me to the world around me, all thanks to my dad for chauffeuring me around in it. The things my father had taught me in that truck were instrumental in my interests, my dreams, and my goals. At these early stages in development I had discovered my passions and my vices, be that as much as an 8 year old can.
As you are all reading I want you to take a deep dive on yourself, look at your thoughts, and hear them. Think about the things in your past that shaped you, the things that made you. I'm no therapist nor do I have any idea about who you, the reader is. I just want you to feel good, understand, and build yourself into the you that you strived to be as an innocent child. With that being said, let us progress through my growth. At a young age I explored so many mountain tops, so many valley lows, so many forests and deserts. Nevada is such a beautiful state to grow in, from its mountains high to its valleys, the trees and sagebrush, lakes and streams. All beautiful in their own ways, as long as you open your ears and eyes. My dad, my dog, and myself, on the backroads a four wheeler trails all across the state. With some guns and some camping gear. Just us and our dreams. The camping wasn't always so easy to get set up, I was hyperactive and easily distracted, but as always my dad let me have my fun and made sure we had good food and a good campfire for stories.
As my story was shaping itself from my experiences and my lessons learned, I saw the real beauty in being out there by myself, my dad nearby but not in the way. I saw myself in those birds, I saw myself in those trees. I made myself from those trees.
© Copyright 2022 Jack (jj3w3tt2001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284759-Autobiography