*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284813-Never-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Relationship · #2284813
Memories can be painful
"Hey, I know that place!" Tom exclaimed as he stepped into the living room.

Jenna was watching Travel Channel and dreaming of a tropical vacation. Tom had once promised her a honeymoon in Bali, but his car blew a rod, and the tickets were cashed in to cover the repair. The Bali trip was rescheduled for their first anniversary, but Tom Jr. came along sooner than expected. Jenna didn't want to rock a baby bump bikini, so they decided to wait another year. That was when Tom broke his wrist at work. Then the twins were born, and the vacation fund went toward a house. Jenna found herself fully occupied with diapers, soccer games, and being a homemaker. Bali seemed to get farther away with each passing year.

"That's the Hotel Shangri-la," Tom mused as he wandered down memory lane. "I haven't thought about that place in years. It was a little hokey, sure, but I liked it. They went all-out on the exotic tropical experience. The service was luxurious, and the beach was fantastic. I remember one night, when we made love on the sand . . ."

"That wasn't me," Jenna interrupted icily.

"Never mind."




Author's note: 194 Words
© Copyright 2022 Words Whirling 'Round (tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284813-Never-Mind