*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285482-Nightclaws-Tale
by bolt
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #2285482
this is my first book, its not finished yet but i think i will finish it at some point
CHAPTER ONE: THE CHANGE!

I’m walking with ajia, when I see a sudden flash of movement, I look over and see ... something, I can’t get a good look at it before it turns and runs off, I run after it ajia says “ colt where are you going?!” Then she runs after me. I turn the corner and see a glimpse of it going around the next corner, then when I round that corner I see it standing in front of an old building, it sees me, turns and runs into the building. I run after it, ajia stops for a moment at the doorway then runs after me as I move deeper into the building. I walk into a room and see a big, rather simple box sitting on a table near the opposite wall, for some reason I feel strangely attracted to it, ajia comes in as i go toward the box, then I grab the lid and start to lift it when ajia suddenly yells , I spin and the box crashes to the ground, I see there are a couple people in bodyarmor and there heavily armed, one of them says to me “ step away from the box, kid” I try to step away but my feet won't move, I look down and see that somethings got a hold of my feet, I jerk away and turn and back away then I realize that it's some kind of dragon suit or something, it gets up and looks at me then it lunges at me, I jump back and back away then turn and try to run but I feel a heavy weight on my back as the suit jumps on my, it wraps around me and starts binding itself to me, the arms, legs, hands, and feet are first quickly followed by the body then the head, then to finish it, wings and a tail grow out, I roar as i feel the pain of our minds and bodys merging and becoming one, then suddenly it's done and I collapse, then I quickly get back up and see that the people in bodyarmor are pointing their guns at me.

I move without thinking and bler as I use my superspeed to get to them then I spin and lash out with my tail and nock there guns from their hands and in the same movement i knock them down and jump so that i’m standing over them, I growl at them then I give a loud but wordless yell, they go white then run off, I turn to ajia and shift back into my human form, then i give her a smile and say “ well let's go then”

She stares at me for a second then says “ what just happened?”

I sigh then explain “ ok, I opened that box and let that tf dragon suit out, it then bonded with me, turning me into the dragon prince, I then used that power to take out those guys because they would have shot me if I hadn't, now let's get out of here before they or others come back”

A little while later, we are on the street and ajia tries to ask me more questions but I say that I need to get home and run off.

The next day, I am in art and ajia comes to my dest and says “ colt, can I ask you a question?”

I say “you just did”

“what ? oh yes but I wanted to ask you something else”

“... (sigh) I think I know what this is about, you have more questions about what happened yesterday don't you?”

“ yes I do”

“... ok, we can talk after school?”

“ ok”

She returns to her desk.

(Time skip)


I find ajia and say “ ok what did you want to ask me?”

She says “ ok first, what's a dragon prince?”

“Ok there are different types of dragon, I am one of the most powerful, the only ones more powerful than me are the dragon lord and the dragon god, however they are gone… at least for now. Oh also I can use magic and can shapeshift, I also have increased healing power, super strength, can see in the dark and other things.”

“ok, where is the dragon suit that went onto you and how did it do that?”

“ The suit bonded to me and is now a part of me and I can shift into it, and it did it by using its magic to bond with my mind, body, and soul.”

“ ….um...ok i’m still confused”

“To be honest…. So am i.”

“Are there other kinds of those suits?”

“ What do you mean?”

“I-is there a wolf one?”

“(blink) ... umm not sure actually, I can look, I suppose.”

“Thanks”

“Wait, why do you want -- oh, (sigh ( eye roll)) you want to be a wolf, don't you?”

“ yah, I do”

“(sigh) fine I'll see if i can find a wolf suit.”

“Thanks”

(time skip . two days later)

I see ajia and run over to her and say “Ajia, here you go” I give her a small box and say “the suit’s inside, just open the box and it'll come out.” She thanks me and starts to open the box. I say “wait! , not here,... follow me”. I turn and walk off. She follows me as we go into the woods. After walking a bit farther I stop and say “ ok, now you can open it.”

She opens the lid and a big white glob shoots out and hits her in the chest then it quickly spreads over her body, once it has it grows a tail and her ears go to the top of her head and become wolf ears, her fingernails turn into small claws and her hands and fingers grow pads, and her face elongates and becomes a wolf face, then the goo-suit finishes by turning into soft, silky, silver-white fur that covers her body, she opens her eyes and they have become purple and then she turns to me and I see a crescent moon marking on her shoulder.

I stare at her for a second then I say “wow…. You're even more beautiful than I thought you’d be.” then I realized what I had said and blush slightly and said “ erm nevermind j-just um forget what I said.” she looks at me then crouches and jumps on me, sending me crashing to the ground with her on top of me, I groan “oww” then I look at her just as she bends in and starts licking me, I say “mmorpg ajia ge’ offa me.” then I realize what's going on and say “ohh …. you're not ajia, you're a wolf aren't you?” she nods then leans in again, but I grab her arms and roll backwards as I put my feet in her stomach and kick up sending her rolling off me then I roll again and use my hands to send me into the air and twist so that i land on my feet, I then crouch slightly as i wait for her to make a move, she lunges at me and i sidestep then I grab her and twist and pin her gently to the ground then ajia comes back and says “ why are you pinning me down?” I replied with “well, your wolf was trying to hump and kiss me so I stopped you but tried not to hurt you.” she looked at me then replied “what are you talking about?”

I say “ok, ... the wolf was in charge for some time and it was trying to kiss me and I knew that you probably wouldn’t like that so I stopped her and held her down until you gained control.”

“Oh, thanks for not trying to take advantage of it... wait, how can I make sure something like that won’t happen anymore?”

“Well you can’t stop it completely but you can tamp it down and control it so that it doesn’t do something that you don’t want it to, although that takes a bit of work sometimes... or at least, it took a lot of work with Aerouant, but -”

“With who?”

“what ?, oh Aerouant is the name of my dragon spirit.”

“Does it mean something?”

“Yes its celtic”

“What does it mean?”

“ (sigh) its celtic for dragon”

“Wait so your dragon is named… dragon? Really?”

“Yes really, hey I didn’t pick it, jeez okami stop giving us a hard time about the name.”

“What did you call me?”

“ hm? Oh I called you okami,( seeing her blank look.) ... (sigh) its japanese for wolf”

“How do you know japanese?”

“ I don’t, Aeronaut does, so I know it from him.”

“ So you know other languages from your dragon? How is that possible?”

“ I know everything he knows, it’s .. kinda hard to explain”

“Oh, ok”

“Yah”

“ but I don’t feel anything like that.”

“Well, as you are a pup, that makes sense.”

“Hey, I'm not a pup!”

“(hmph) actually ... you are, you know, seeing as you and your wolf are rather young and you haven’t been bonded for long.”

“Oh, so that's what you meant , i thought that was a degrading thing to say to someone”

“Oh please, I wouldn’t insult you like that… oh and ummm just so you know, the mating season is starting soon well at least for us dragons, so if i start acting weird then-”

“You mean weirder than normal?”

“... yes, anyways if i do then please be patient with me.”

“Ok”

“Thanks”


CHAPTER TWO: contact with the wolf


The next day Ajia comes over and says “colt, I need you to help train me to control the wolf.”
I say “what…. Um ok i’ll see if i can help.”
“Ok thanks…. When are we going to start?”
“ I'll tell you, ok? Also you won’t be able to do it as i did with Nightclaw because --”
“Who?”
“ my dragon”
“I thought your dragons name was Aerouant”
“Weeeell that's his middle name or kind of like a part of his title.”
“Oh ok.”
“Right, anyways you won’t be able to do it exactly like we did because you and her are very different then we are and so is your relationship with each other, so i will try to help but there isn’t much i can do to help, also, just so you know, I can put your main soul-self deep into your subconscious where she resides but you will have to make a bond with her yourself and she might try to take control of you and put you to sleep in order to stay awake, but you’ll have to figure how to provide by yourself, sorry.”
“O-ok i’ll try.”
“Alright, follow me then”
We head into the woods and go to a cave that I had found, Ajia says.
“A cave, really?”
“Yes, a cave, but I think you might like this one.”
We enter the cave and she gasps as she looks around. The cave is furnished with silk banners and small trees and vines with big gorgeous flowers in varying shades of golden yellow, cobalt blue, deep red and others. There are also some beautifully carved wood chairs positioned around a table, and a big silk covered bed in the corner.
“Come” I say after letting her look around a little.” lets go”
She says “ok… coming, where did you get all of this stuff?”
“It belongs to Nightclaw and me so we found it and brought it here, it’s just somewhere that we can relax, and I really need it.”
“Oh, ok I like it, it’s …. beautiful.”
“You really like it?”
“Yes”
“That's good… alright sit on the bed and wait there.”
“...you want me to sit on a bed while it’s just you and me here and let you do something to me when I don't know what it is? Do you really think I'm going to do that?”
“Ajia trust me ok, i like you as a friend but I won’t try anything ok I was thinking that you might want to be on the bed so that you could be comfortable ok that's all… jees all this suspicion is unneeded.”
“Oh, ok that makes sense.” I walk over to the flowers and plants as she goes and sits on the bed, then she watches as I pick some of the flowers, crush them, collect the juice that comes out and mix it together, then I go over to Ajia and give her the cup and say “here drink this'' she says “ what is this for?”
“It will put you into a very deep sleep that will allow you to find and communicate with your wolf soul, however during this time you will not be aware of you body or of what is happening around you, that is why we are doing it out here and why i’m here, this way your body will be safe as you do this. Now drink it.”
“I …. Ok i trust you colt” she drinks it all then she lays down and within a minute she’s fast asleep, I bring a chair over, grab a book, sit and start reading while I wait.

Ajia’s point of view
I wake up and am laying on smooth ground, I think ‘where am I?’ Then I hear a howl that is somehow both low and loud and vibrates through my body. I walk towards where the howl came from and am in a open glade in a lush green forest and there by a pool of clear blue water is a humanoid she-wolf with a beautiful, silver-white pelt and a crescent moon shaped mark on her shoulder, the wolf opens her eyes and looks at me with startling purple eyes then she gets up and moves toward me then she runs and pins me to a tree and says “hi, I haven't seen you in a while, i’m guessing that you came here to make me bow to you so you can control me? Well, is it true?”
“I-I-I came here to find you because I am afraid that you are making me do things that I'll regret later, like when you attacked Colt.”
“Colt? Oh that must be that handsome boy from earlier, I didn’t attack him, I wasn't going to hurt him, I just wanted to get to know him and maybe kiss him.”
“ well anyways I don’t want to get rid of you or anything I just want you to be a little more...-”
“More what? Human? Well in case you didn’t notice, I'm not human, ok? I can’t understand everything about your kind.” she leans in close and growls into my face as she says “So tell me why I should try, tell me why I shouldn’t just kill you and take over your body completely.”
I say “u-u-um y-you shouldn’t b-because… um I ….. (sigh) I don’t know what to say just please don’t do it. I didn't come here to kill you or anything, I just want to get to know you and maybe become friends with you.”
“Y-you want to be f-freinds with me?” she blinks then lets me go and starts laughing “hah you- you're serious about that? ….yes I can tell that you are so….” she darts in and says “ok then i’ll help you , but I will not be controlled by you ok, if you need my help call on me and i’ll help you ok?”
I say “ok thank you”

Ajia’s point of view end

Colts point of view

Ajia wakes up and I put my book down and say “hey, how was it?”
She says “it was … interesting and a little scary at some points but she said she will help me.”
I say “good, keep building up a relationship and maybe let her out a bit sometimes”
“I don’t know, I don't want her doing something I'll regret.”
“...I see, well you must learn to give as little as you take, so why not let her out for little runs here in the forest? That way you're away from other humans so she won’t do anything you don’t like.”
“Hmmm i guess that might work … wait how do i call on her? I don’t want to take that stuff any more.”
“Well you should be able to just concentrate on her and think what you want to say then she should hear, try it.”
“O-ok i’ll try” she closes her eyes but opens them again as i chuckle “ what is it colt?”
“You look like you're constipated or something.”
“I- oh shut up you.”
“heh , listen, just think of her, don't focus too hard just…. Find her, she wants it so she will know.”
“Ok i’ll try” then after a moment “ok shes commi-” she shivers then looks at me” hi you, long time huh? So she's finally letting me out hm i wonder why she changed her mind.``
“I convinced her.”
“Oh thanks.”
“Yup, also, if you let her back in she will probably be more likely to let you out more often.”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean if you let her back in charge by yourself and don’t do something she won’t like then she will probably be more likely to let you out and incontrol more often and she might give you more leniency if she knows she can trust you.”


CHAPTER THREE: demons from the past

We go for a run and talk a bit then I hear something whistling through the air toward us and I shift and dive on top of ajia and cover her as a dagger hits me burying itself into my right shoulder, I growl in pain as I look around and say “come out and face me.” A human steps out from the woods and says “ so it’s true, there is a dragon hiding in the woods.” he pulls out a sword and points it at me and says “your pelt is mine, same goes for that wolf your hiding, you have no idea how much people will pay for some good dragon or wolf pelts.” i say “ if you think i’m going to let you kill me and my friend and skin us, you're crazy.”
“Hah you're mine, dragon” he pulls out a mana crystal and casts a paralysis spell on me, I growl at him as he comes toward me with his sword. “Stay away from me you stupid human, this pathetic spell can’t hold me.”
“Heh you don’t seem to be able to do anything to stop m-” he stops as I shater the sell and lung at him flames spewing from my mouth, he rolls to avoid the flames and gaps at me as I grow bigger and tower over him then bat his sword out of his hand and pin him to the ground then I lean in, show him my teeth and growl “I warned you, you stupid, aragant human, now you will die!” I rear up and charge up a fire blast, but ajia yells “colt stop!” I pause and let the fire die down then I look at him and say “alright i’ll let you go this time but if I see you again, I will kill you, understand?” he nods “good, then leave!!!” I get off him and roar at him, he goes pale, turns, and runs away. I grin, then turn back to ajia and see that she is staring at my shoulder I look and see blood running down my shoulder and say “ oh, i’m hurt, ah oh well itl heal.” I look at ajia and say “are you ok? Your not hurt are you?” she stares at me for a second then says “n-no i’m fine, but you're hurt … colt why did you jump in front of me like that? You got hurt because of me.”
“ Ajia you my friend this is nothing i can barely even feel it, and besides i’d do it again…. I’d even die as long as it keeps you safe from harm. I will do anything to protect those I care about.”
“ …. Y-you would… colt y-you can’t die trying to protect me you just can’t, ok?!”
“ …. Well I don’t want to die, but… if it’s my life or the life of someone I love or care about… then I would sacrifice myself every time.”
“....” she looks at me as though at a loss for words, I wait for a moment then I lick the gash in my shoulder, she says “colt what are you doing? Don’t lick it, it'll get infected.”
“Actually my saliva will stop it from getting infected and will clean the wound and help it to heal faster without a scar.”
“ what?”
“ …. Nevermind'' i continue licking then stop and watch it heal and disappear, then I turn back to ajia and, seeing the stunned look on her face, grin than say '' see, healing spit” I chuckle then say “hey ajia want to go for a fly on my back?” I lay down in front of her and say “come on, I think you’ll like it it’s amazing to be up there and see everything from so high up and feel so free.” she says “u-um i-i don’t know, I don’t think i want to be up that high…” she turns and start walking away, I watch for a moment then sigh and grab her and put her on my back then say ”hold on tight” then I crouch and jump up and flair my wings in a big flap that sends me skyword like an arrow, I level out and counter-flap to slow my speed and fly leserly as I say'' come on ajia open your eyes and take in the view it’s amazing” i wait a moment then hear her voice saying “wow th-this is …. awesome .” i say “heh told you, glad you like it.'' After a while I gently turn around and swoop down to the ground, and land. Once ajia gets off I say “ well, we should probably head home, see you tomorrow.” I turn and fly off.

I wake up the next day, eat breakfast, and go to the woods. After flying around for a bit, I smell something strange, something... wrong. I spin and speed up as I hear the sounds of labored breathing, and smell the salty scent of fear-sweat mixed with ... smoke?

I dive to the ground and shift mid-drop, landing a little ways away from the disturbance, I run toward the smell of fire and stare as I see a pack of revenants chasing someone who looks kind of familiar, I run in, grab a thick branch laying on the ground and hurl it like a spear at the lead revenant.
It hits it in the head and the revenant explodes into flame as it dies, I stop and say "hmm, a bit more ... explosive than I expected." then I start running again as I hurl rocks and other things at them as I get closer, when I close in I draw my sword and start attacking, within moments they are all reduced to piles of ash.
I turn around and see ajia, before i can say anything she says “where did the sword come from?”

“Really? That's your question? What about ‘what are those’ or ‘where did those things come from’ also, you don't seem surprised to see me here.”

© Copyright 2022 bolt (blackdragon32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285482-Nightclaws-Tale