*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286380-Im-Dreaming-of-Christmas-Again
Rated: E · Other · Community · #2286380
Community Challenge, Media prompt
The last year has been a rough one for me. I’ve struggled in every aspect of my life it feels like. I’ve dreaded the entire holiday season, if I’m being honest, Christmas especially. Christmas has always been my most favorite holiday. This year, I would be happier sleeping right through it. I haven’t decorated, no tree is up. I’ve been effectively canceling Christmas this year. That is until today. Until I came across a Community Challenge on my newsfeed and I decided to attempt it. Who knew it was exactly where I needed to be.
White Christmas is a holiday classic. Many musicians have recorded it and added a little of themselves to it too. Michael Bublé, hands down, is the absolute best one ever. My first time hearing his version was when I watched his video for this Community Challenge. That is today! A cute, little animated video managed to do what nothing else could, brought my spirit back.
I’ve watched this video no less than a dozen times or more. It is the cutest video ever. It wasn’t just the song that hit me in the feels, it was the video. A snapping and singing, clay Bublé is what every Scrooge and Grinch needs in their life. With the elves on trumpet and keyboard and penguins playing in the snow. It reminded me of what Christmas felt like as a child. That warmed my sad, cold heart. The end of the video, with his wife and children, couldn’t have been better at all. It was perfect.
I don’t know why this video and song hit me so deeply but it did. It hit me hard and fast, and out of nowhere. I wasn’t looking for it. I wasn’t expecting it or anything remotely like it either. I’m 100% grateful that it did though. So, to whomever knew I needed to see this challenge and watch this video, thank you. You don’t know how much this helped save my life. From the bottom of my heart and soul, thank you.


@JAnderson
December 2022
© Copyright 2022 JustMeJayE (jander2013 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286380-Im-Dreaming-of-Christmas-Again