*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287264-Nursery-Muscle
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #2287264
A young muscular teen helps out when nobody can carry the Christmas tree to the truck
Nursery Muscle - a short story by scriptboy

Figure 1 Muscle morph by YouthMuscle

My name is Felix, and I must tell you about the most amazing young guy I had met at the nursery the other day. I met the strongest and most muscular kid ever, and it was just an incredible experience! Let me start at the beginning, the weekend before Christmas.

My mom had been wanting to get a Christmas tree for the holidays since Thanksgiving. But with the busy shopping days, all the traffic on the roads and all the work piling up at her office, she just never got around to going to the nursery to pick out a tree for our living room. Finally, it was the weekend before Christmas, and mom had asked me, Uncle Charlie and my dad to take the truck down to Wilson's Nursery, which was more than an hour's drive outside of town, to pick out a tree and bring it home just in time for Christmas.

Now, I'm not a little guy by any means. I'm seventeen and I'm a baseball player in high school. I can swing a bat and I can throw a ball. I can pitch and I can catch. Now, I don't know much about hauling a Christmas tree, but with Dad and Uncle Charlie around, I figured we should be able to get the job done, right?

Dad is over fifty and he likes his beer nice and cold. He works for a large warehouse where they stock auto parts. He moves, picks and stocks boxes with car parts all day. I guess that if he can lift and carry boxes containing car parts, he could lift a tree, right?

Uncle Charlie is another story. Uncle Charlie is big, overweight and old. He would rather sit in front of the TV and watch a good, long football game... or two. He doesn't like to do any kind of hard work at all, but he decided just to come along for the ride and to get out of the house. I was not expecting him to do any lifting at all, but he was there just in case we needed him. That is, if his back doesn't bother him too much.

So, when we arrived at the large nursery, located a good fifty miles north of our little town where we lived, we were just amazed by the size of the place. There were just acres and acres of large pine trees, potted plants, bushes, tents with flowers, and much, much more. Mom just went crazy and wandered around the entire place, which was located right next to the large Wilson Farm, which was owned by the same person who also owned the nursery. We spotted several cows and horses roaming around the farm, which was fenced off by a long, wooden fence which separated the nursery from the farm, preventing the animals from straying into the nursery.

So, we were all walking behind mom, who was just too busy talking to this nice, young lady named Lydia, who knew the names of every plant, bush and flower in the nursery. Every single item had a story behind it, which she was more than happy to tell. My mom listened intently as she wandered past the long field of Christmas trees.

Once mom finally got the chance to explain how big of a tree she wanted, the young lady, who looked like she had just started college, wandered over to a big, green tree. The three was just over seven feet tall, so it would barely fit in the living room. I looked it over from top to bottom. It couldn't be too heavy, could it?

The lady explained that the seven-and-a-half-foot tall Fraser fir Christmas tree weighed about seventy pounds, but with us three big men around, that wouldn't be a problem. So, that's what I thought.

Mom decided on the tree, and we prepared to carry the tree from the place where it was standing to the truck, which was just a few yards away.

Well, since the tree was already standing in a metal base, it was just a matter of tipping it over on its side, lifting it, and carrying it to the truck. Nothing too hard, right?

First, dad started to grab hold of one of the branches and the large, wide tree started to tip over. He reached out and he grabbed hold of another branch, with his hand.

"Charlie! Grab it! Grab hold of the top of the tree! Charlie! You too, Felix!" dad barked at us, as we ran to help him.

But the tree ended up being much heavier than we thought, and no sooner did Uncle Charlie try to lift the tree, or he started complaining about the pain in his back, once again.

"AAARGHH! NO! It's too much! MY BACK! MY BACK HURTS!" Charlie cried out as he dropped the front of the tree and he bent down, screaming in pain. I let go of the tree at the same time and dad couldn't carry the tree all by himself, so the whole thing ended up on the dirt, just inches from the spot where it was standing a moment ago.

"Charlie are you okay?" dad said to Charlie, who had to sit down on one of the folded chairs near another row of trees. He couldn't even stand up. He was in so much pain. Tears were coming from his eyes. Lydia got him a glass of water from the office. It took a few minutes for him to calm down. So much for carrying the tree to the truck. What were we going to do, now?

"We're gonna need some help carrying the tree to the truck..." dad mumbled just loud enough for Lydia, the young girl, to hear. We were hoping she could get someone from her dad's farm to come help us.

Lydia turned around and faced the small office, which was a few yards away. She spotted a few people standing outside the front door of the office, including her father and her younger brother.

"Hey Ethan! ETHAN! COME HERE!" she shouted. "WE NEED YOUR HELP!"

I couldn't believe what I saw next. A young blond kid, who was several inches shorter than me, came running towards us. He looked like he was two or three years younger than me, but he was far wider and more muscular than me. Now, I am tall and skinny, but this guy was built! As he came closer, I had a better view of him.

Ethan was short and blond, with bright, blue eyes and straight, short, blond hair. He only wore a tank top and shorts with sneakers, which was remarkable considering the cold weather. But his physique was simply incredible!

Ethan had broad shoulders and short, thick arms, which were bulging with raw, unbridled muscle all over. He had big, thick triceps and he sported large biceps on his arms. His shoulders were very wide, much wider than mine. Since he only wore a tank top, it was easy to see how muscular he was. You could see his bulging pectorals under his tank top. His shorts failed to cover his massively wide quads on his legs, which were totally bulging with huge, thick cords of muscle. And, he had large, wide calves sticking out from the back of his legs. Once he came closer, it became very clear that this kid was a teenage bodybuilder!

"Ethan, please carry this tree over here to the big, brown truck for these customers, okay? Their truck is parked on the lot in front of the office!" Lydia explained to the boy, who was standing right before her.

"Okeydokey!" was all the kid said, as he strolled right past me, Uncle Charlie and dad. He had a big, wide grin on his face, giving us a look as if he was about to put on a show or a performance for us. Was this kid going to lift that big, heavy tree, on his own?

What came next was nothing short of amazing. You wouldn't believe it had I not seen this with my very own eyes.

Ethan casually walked over to the large Christmas tree, which lay horizontally on the ground. He squatted down near the middle point of the tree, grabbing hold of the biggest branches. Then, I saw the tree slowly rising and getting off the ground, from the base to the top! This kid had managed to lift the whole thing, all seventy pounds of it, off the ground as he hoisted it over his right shoulder while he started to march towards the parking lot!

As he was singling some song and whistling a happy tune, Ethan slowly walked over to our truck and stopped before the tailgate as he waited for dad to unlock it and lower it for him. Then, he singlehandedly raised the tree a bit higher, and he pushed the tree onto the flat bed of the truck, until it bumped up against the front end of the bed.

Dad used a rope to tie the tree to the hooks on the inside of the truck, preventing it from sliding or falling off the bed before he went inside the office to pay for the tree, along with mom and Uncle Charlie, leaving me out there all alone with the muscle kid. I was grateful that Charlie was able to stand up and walk again, although he was no help in carrying the tree to the truck. That's where I was left staring in complete amazement at Ethan, who accomplished the job all by himself, doing what three men couldn't get done.

"Uhh... Hi... My name is Felix... How old are you? I mean... You seem so strong!" I said to him, as I walked over to him. "How.... How did you get so strong?"

"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Ethan! I live on the farm!" Ethan grinned happily, as he raised up his right arm and flexed, causing a huge ball of muscle to swell up. "You get really strong when you're lifting heavy plants and trees all day long!"

"So... How did you get these huge muscles? I mean, were you always so big? Do you lift weights?" I asked him.

"Of course! I'm only fifteen, but I've been lifting weights since I was thirteen! Here, let me show you my home gym! I'll take you to the farm!" he smiled.

"Uhh... That seems kinda far away!" I sighed, looking over the hilltop where the farm was. It was about a hundred yards from the nursery.

"I'll carry you!" Ethan laughed. "Not a problem, Felix! Just climb on my shoulders!"

Before I could say anything, he walked over to me and he squatted down and lifted me up by my waist, setting me on his broad shoulders. Then, he straightened out and started running while I held on to his shoulders.

"Oh, wow! This is like riding a horse!" I cheered, as he ran to the house. He was incredibly fast! I really had to hold on!

It only took him a few minutes to run to the farmhouse where he lived, where he showed me, the small indoor gym containing all his gym equipment. He had everything there, including a weight bench, a treadmill, a rack with free weights and dumbbells, several barbells with plates, a squat rack, rubber bands, a pull-up bar and more. It was a complete home gym!

"Wow! No wonder you're so big! I wish I could come and work out with you!" I said to him.

"Sure, why not? I never have friends over, because I live so far out of town! Do you have a cell phone?" he asked me. "We can stay in touch!"

We exchanged numbers before he put me back on his shoulders and ran back to the office where my parents were waiting to take us and the tree home.

"Thank you, Ethan! I hope I can come over some time and work out with you! Thanks again for carrying the Christmas tree for us!" I said to Ethan as we got into the truck.

Ethan just stood there and flexed both arms for us, showing off his big biceps.

We all said goodbye to Lydia and Ethan, and we were all so glad that we ended up finding a nice tree for our living room. This tree reminded us of the nice nursery and the amazing feat of strength we all got to witness when Ethan the muscle kid carried the tree to the truck, all by himself.

We ended up coming home with such a beautiful Christmas tree, which was a gift on its own. But the new friendship which formed between me, and Ethan proved to be an even greater gift, which I looked forward to making good use of during the upcoming year.

I couldn't wait to see how much bigger and stronger Ethan would become during the new year! I knew I would get to see him again soon. And when I do, he would happily flex and show off his growing muscles.

Merry Christmas!

Scriptboy, December 24, 2022


© Copyright 2022 scriptboy (scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287264-Nursery-Muscle