*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288067-The-Evil-Green-Winged-Minions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Espero
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2288067
Fighters against injustice
Thunder rolled across the darkened sky and lightening flashed, illuminating the old Pengersick Castle in Cornwell, England. Rain pelted down and filled the moat that surrounded the castle.

The broken turrets were now home to a group of ravens whose gurgling croaks could be heard from below in the enchanted valley. The ravens were the self-proclaimed guardians of the old decomposing castle. "Trouble brewing, trouble brewing," they chanted.

A bolt of lightening streaked through the sky and crashed through a broken window, setting the once magnificent cuckoo clock off. After sitting dormant for many years, the little bird appeared and gave its greeting, then disappeared back inside the little door. The old clock shuddered as if a chill had swept through it.

This wasn't a usual clock, however, it had become home to the feared green clawed Minions for many years. The ugly little scoundrels had been banished everywhere; but now found the forgotten castle their home. They were known for the evil deeds they bestowed upon those who were deemed miscreant. The one-eyed, green misfits with little bat-like wings, sharp jagged teeth, and razor-sharp claws could do a lot of damage when provoked. It didn't take much to provoke. If they decided a crime was committed, it was time to deal with the offender.

Word came to the Minions about Bad King John of Rochester Castle and how he was having an affair with one of the ladies-in-waiting while his wife was in labor. Further information stated that this wasn't the first time either.

All of the gossip came to the Minions from the crafty ravens who liked nothing more than to stir up trouble.

"That dirty bloke," said Harry. "Let's set off now and give him a little lesson, shall we?"

Off they flew, all six of them to the sound of flapping wings and mirthless croaking from the ravens. "Poor King John, poor King John."

John and his lady were in a state of undress when they were assaulted by the evil Minions. When all was done, their slashed faces would not be sought after by a lover again. Back at Pengersick Castle the little cuckoo chirped until the evil act was completed.

"Find the culprits," shouted King John; but the Minions could not be found much to the chagrin of the ravens who were not sated of entertainment yet.

Time went by and the peck pecking of a raven awakened the Minions in the old cuckoo clock.

"What is it?", called Harry from the interior.

"Did ye hear, kind sir; Henry VIII beheaded that fair maiden, Ann Boleyn."

Once the gossip was voiced, the giddy raven flew off to see what would happen.

"Minion Men, arm your claws, we must avenge Ann Boleyn's death. Bring porridge and honey for we need ward off the tricky brownies who guard the castle."

Brownies bribed with food to keep them occupied, portly King Henry was found sprawling in bed sleeping. The angry Minions bewitched him and in his dreams he saw things too manical to speak of. Thereafter, the King developed paranoia and mental decline.

The ravens heard what had happened and chanted until they could croak no more.

Sometime later a tap, tapping was heard on the face of the clock. "Yes, Raven, what is it now?"

"By my troth, I come to tell ye that Thomas Eastchurch, shopkeeper, has brought the Bideford Witches to trial.

"Minions, we are again at war. We must bring Thomas Eastchurch to his knees for the insane trial he has brought to Bideford."

Entering the store in the middle of the night the Minions did a lot of damage. Their little bat-like wings knocked everything off the shelves; nothing was intact. Then, they spilled a lantern, setting the entire store on fire which brought the town of Bideford out in the street.

"We shall burn his livelihood as he has burned the so-called witches," called the Minions as they flew away into the darkness.

On the way home, it was unknown to the Minions that Thomas' magpie was following them. Reporting back to Thomas, the magpie disclosed the hiding spot of the Minions. Armed with torches, the mob of Bideford descended on Pengersick Castle. Shouting and cursing was heard down the dusty hallways that had been vacated for years.

Ravens on the turrets croaked, "They're coming, they're coming."

Entering the castle, the consistent chirping of the Cuckoo could be heard, sounding an alarm. The magnificent clock was set afire and was no more. Sadly, it ended the lives of the Minions as well. Proudly, the old castle still stood.

And so, evil prevailed, as the watchdogs of crime had been eliminated.

Overwhelmed with excitement, the Ravens flew circles around the turret of the castle. "Time to find a new home, time to find a new home." Off they went to see where they could stir up trouble again.

We must ask ourselves. Who was more evil, the Minions or the ravens?


829 Words
Prompt: Your Character has created his/her own clockwork minions. They may be used for good or evil…. which does he/she choose?
3rd Place Winner in Stag Firebox
© Copyright 2023 Espero (espero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288067-The-Evil-Green-Winged-Minions