*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288109-Irvine
by Iris
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2288109
half siren, half giant, lives on a farm-- Irvine is hungry for a new life
Chapter 1 Part 1
On a cliff over the shore, there's a cave. A young woman sit content on a rock, smiling at the fire she had lit a few hours ago. Toasty in her knit, poking the fire with a stick. Her and her pup had just eaten. But now she awaits the next moment of her life. The shore was cold and rough. Foaming at the rocks, the salty water seeping into the sands below. A wind would bite your nose if you went outside. So she stayed there as long as the moon was out. She hadn't been there long. This was her secret hide out, away from all the others who tend to judge her for her tattoos and her longing for adventure. She was different than everyone in the village. She knew there was much more to life than running a farm, raising a family, and throwing out her back everyday for her chores. She wanted so much more, and she knew she was built more.

"Irvine!"
yelled her father who had been looking everywhere for her

She cuddled up with her blanket and layed there in silence.

"Irvine we made your favorite. Ao soup!"

Irvine ran to the edge of the cave and swooped her slung up to grab the dish from her father's hands. She did indeed love her soup.
"Well I'll just leave you to your space then. See you tomorrow."

Her father was very accepting of her space when she needed it. He too needed his space whenever he was upset, thus he could relate more to Irvine. Being an 11ft tall giant with hands the size of an octopus, he was often needed around the village for certain tasks he did not want to do. But, the resposibility came with living here in the town of Earnstead. Being the daughter of a giant and a siren, she tend to stand out in this world of normal humans. Instead of moving to a village or giants or sirens, they decided to be somewhere where they can all be outcasts together... as a family.
© Copyright 2023 Iris (irismae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288109-Irvine