*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288119-A-Life-Journey-Poetry-and-Short-Stories
by Angel
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing · #2288119
Week 1 - First ideas
Plans for poetry and Short Stories 2023
Week 1

When I first started to explore what I wanted to achieve this year, I wasn’t sure as to the direction I wanted to go.
My main focus was definitely to write a book of poems, maybe two, one Christian, one Secular. I set two books aside to put my work in. During January I also have to clear out some of my WDC folders to make space for the work I plan to do this year, as for the first time, my site is almost full.

I have more than one hundred Christian poems already written, which need looking at. These have been written over the last twenty-six years. Most of my early Christian poetry and flash fiction was based on my early walk of faith and the process of my healing from a very dark time in my life. Much of my secular poetry and flash fiction later on was very much a purging of the darkness, especially as I went through counselling.

I have looked at my early poems and have often thought they weren’t very good, so I’ve put them to one side. But, looking at them now, I see they are part of a journey and the poems themselves just need editing. The poems and fiction show a journey so I feel it’s important to not discard them, but to collate them, but with much editing. I also have two small books, one already published, but a long time out of print. The other not yet published. I would like to go through both of these and prepare them both for publication on Kindle.
Whispers of Glory: previously published
The Garden: not previously published

The Garden, or Garden Series, as it was when I first wrote it, is a series of flash fiction pieces along with poetry I’d already written. I don’t know, as yet if the poetry I’ve put with each piece is the right one, so it maybe I need to write poems specifically for each piece. I also believe the book isn’t finished yet, so during this year I would like to finish this book.

© Copyright 2023 Angel (angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288119-A-Life-Journey-Poetry-and-Short-Stories