*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289025-The-Monarchy-is-a-House-Divided
Rated: E · Critique · Other · #2289025
A series of articles about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Gone are the days when the Monarchy’s excuses are felt and believed. The fact is that the Monarchy and the Royal Rota have total control over the Royal House it seems. This became apparent when Kensington Palace advised Meghan not to invite her half-sister, Ashleigh, to their Royal Wedding. To give clear evidence of how the Monarchy desired to control the narrative, Britain’s press - or was it their spies - seemingly on behalf of the Monarchy, hacked Meghan’s father’s phone prior to the wedding. They also paid him for humiliating pre-wedding press coverage. If these two facts were not upsetting enough, her father did not show up to walk Meg down the aisle. Was he too ashamed of his behavior to attend? Or was the forced failed contact the cause? Or was there some other reason?

Giving at least the appearance of complete support, King Charles agreed to walk Meg down the aisle in the place of her absent and unaccounted for Father. He also assisted in the selection of choirs for the Wedding. There he seemed to be the epitome of good will, even assisting in a choir to play and sing ethnic music for the event. The King surely did allow them to have their day and he did embrace and assist them in their choices.

Yet, it does seem that the Monarchy was the originator of the controversy. What seemingly emerged was that Meg’s family appeared to be of low character and that the only family member that was represented there was her black mother. Her white family members were erased or cancelled. The Royal Rota had successfully carried out what appears to have been the Monarchy’s goal of destroying Meg’s and her family’s likability in order to preserve the Monarchial white dominance. Perhaps the Monarchy feels that power and control can continue as it had in the past in that way?

The Monarchy did appear to be right in its determination to end financial contributions offered to the Sussexes because when they chose to leave, they were no longer public servants and therefore not entitled to such compensation, even for the security guards. That decision does seem just.

In the controversy about Meg’s father, it is clear that he was not acting in her best interest; however, the Rota, it seemed, acted with lower moral character than he did. The Monarchy said that it does not comment in matters of personal nature but isn’t it a comment to intercept and release or to simply release personal notes? Isn’t that a matter of the most personal nature? That gave the appearance of a very deceptive, calculating, and manipulative Monarchy. Some would say that the Monarchy and the Rota thus have lower character than does Meg’s father.

While other’s did act, seemingly, of low character, the same could not be claimed about Meg. It could not have been easy to admit to her father’s poor judgment and it must have been difficult to accept his embarrassing absence at the wedding, yet she did just that. Meg held her head high while admitting the truth. Despite the feeble attempts of the Monarchy and the Rota, seemingly, Mag and Haz’s character far outweighed theirs. What the Monarchy should consider moving forward, one could easily contend, is that a house divided against itself cannot stand.

© Copyright 2023 Note Fleurie (jackie6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289025-The-Monarchy-is-a-House-Divided