*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289039-When-you-dream
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #2289039
dreams are not true.
Having dreamed of being betrayed can be normal, dreams are rare and there is never a true meaning in them, they are just a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations that usually occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep , according to Wikipedia.
But dreaming about it every day since you've been dating your crush feels a bit like an omen or a warning. You try to convince yourself that it's just your anxiety, paranoia, insecurities or some cruel joke in your mind. That's not going to happen, you're not going to let it happen.

You can remember everything that happens in it, after having lived through it so much something should have stayed with you, you changed your room, the things on the shelves, some furniture, you painted the walls and you stopped wearing the clothes that appear in it.

Even so, it always changes and sometimes you can't even remember the places or things that the dream involves, the only thing that always repeats itself is history, always.

___
At the corner of a street, under a stop sign (or a stop sign, or a traffic light or a light pole or well you get it) you wait for your date, you see them go by and you think they will be late, as usual, for your surprise they arrive immediately after you think that, they greet you and then you go to the place of the date, sometimes by taxi, a friend of theirs picks you up, etc. never walk. The place is a little more refined than the ones you usually frequent, they assures you that they can afford something like that, it is a special day after all.
Dinner is perfect, the evening and the food, the attention and your partner. Everything follows a course, their house or yours? The last one was their house so yours this time. In the new environment the tone rises a bit, more intimate and close, they put their hand on your shoulder and you put yours on their neck, you pull them and you look into each other eyes, so close and everything intends for you to put your lips on theirs.

Or a knife in your gut. That escalated quickly. Was it a jagged knife? It feels painful but it went in easily, you should have seen their other hand before you got carried away. It's your fault in the end, you don't want to believe it. But you asked for it. And their final words as they pull the gun out of your abdomen to press it into your chest only reminds you of it.

—You must never trust cursed wishes—
© Copyright 2023 Juliet Mancilla (julierman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289039-When-you-dream