*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289046-Transcript-2SA2035
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2289046
Official transcription of a briefing's footage, transcribed by the Intelligence Division.
A Saudi Arabian SNDCT base. Approximately 1900 hours.

A group of many SNDCT operatives are lined up in a briefing with the base's projects overseer, Rahim. It is noted that the operatives themselves appear fatigued and disheveled, wearing SNDCT outfits in poor condition. The members are all speaking Arabic, transliterated to English.

Rahim: Time is of the essence. After losing contact with the nearest European base, we strongly request that insistent work is pushed onto the SOTIRA project.
Some operatives tense further in response.
Rahim: Report. What progress has been made?
A research operative raises his hand.
RSD Operative: We have developed a basic neural network system that emulates a rough concept of SOTIRA's learning capabilities and ability to create solutions to problems similar to our situation with Anoteros. It has already been able to map out defenses for the base that the Defense Division can use.
IND Operative: Some co-workers and I are working on developing new counters against automatons. They're real weak to high-powered explosions. We might look into miniaturized nuclear weapons against them.
MED Operative: We've developed a vaccine for the recent epidemic of a coronavirus variant within some bases. We'll distribute the vaccine shortly!
EXD Operative: Me and the other exploration operatives have pinpointed the location of a military base nearby that we could pick up resources and equipment from. Fortunately, it looks like the area shouldn't have patrolling automata, we have enough stored food remaining for the journey, and we are appointed to send an expedition group there in a week.
Most of the operatives appear to dread something else.
Rahim: Excellent work, people. A reminder that we are to abandon this base to a nearby Central Asian base for improved communication, as well as the automatons' increasing aggression here. Work hours have changed, and all operatives now work from 0500 hours to 2300 hours. We're in a newfound desperation for salvation, but we are on Anoteros' heels. Let us stay that way. Any questions?
At this, an intelligence operative raises her hand.
IND Operative: Eighteen hours of work and five or six hours of sleep? You're killing us. What about the mental health crises we're already having?
Rahim: The automatons and our daily struggle for survival is killing us faster. It is either the suffering of overworking and sleep deprivation or the fall of the Syndicate and humanity as we know it.
She falls silent. A combat operative shoots up.
CBD Operative: Fuck that! We're less likely to survive if we're overworked to shit!
The room begins to flare into an uproar as they protest toward the overseer, some approaching him; quickly, defense operatives move in. Aggressive operatives are tased, and the situation is swiftly dispelled.
Rahim: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Remember that each day counts. You are all dismissed.

End transcript.
© Copyright 2023 Mason Moreau (masonmoreau at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289046-Transcript-2SA2035