*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290362-If-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Lyrics · Emotional · #2290362
"If I" is an introspective, melodic script that allows readers the opportunity to think.
         
If I could fly, should I fly to you? If I could travel very far, in the blink of an eye.
If I could move through grief, through you. If I could live my life. Well, I do live!
And never cry? Well, i'd be golden! The golden child. I would never die. I'd be
magickal, amazing. Powerful, but... I haven't done a thing. If i was invisible, to
everyone, not just you. Invincible, and only then Love. Would you become convincible? Sometimes I hear things twice like it's telling me, this message is for you. It's just for you. So, I will have to be the golden child. Silent. Silent power. Make this vow and do it NOW. I heard you. Stop talking my friend, just simply, DO. If you saw for yourself, my power. Man, I heard you, keep it shut. Silence is power.

Now I understand. So I will drop the only hand, i've ever NEEDED to hold. Would you even believe me? But I can't tell you, I was already told. God, Can you help me make him see? what rhymes with power? Nothing. Nothing Compares. Nothing to you, and nothing to me. Shut your mouth when God blesses you. Ignore the envious stares. Who actually cares? Actually, I tried to tell you, matter of factually. Don't listen to her, she's crazy! You knew that already, didn't you baby? It's our secret. God and me. They said this is how it had to be. So as I close my eyes tonight, as I hold his body tight. I will silently pray for his awareness. With liberty and justice for all. For honesty and fairness. Praying praying and the way we pray doesn't matter. At least, not what we're saying. Feeling is the key. Not what we say. But watch what you say.
         
© Copyright 2023 orengore (orengore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290362-If-I