*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291418-Essay-on-Respect
by Joy
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2291418
Essay on Respect
Respect is a fundamental principle of treating fellow living beings. It is to treat another person with mannerism upholding their dignity. It is to be mindful of not intentionally or unintentionally demeaning a person through our words, actions, or behavior of any sort.

Respect is important to help us live peacefully with one another, accepting, discussing and modifying our thoughts and actions to uphold another person's dignity or respect. This is how we can foster a successful society and move the human civilization forward towards inclusive and positive goals.

To practice respect, first we should acknowledge that all human beings are equal and each one deserves respect, and no one is above one another. We should be aware of the basic etiquette in behaving with people, in terms of talking politely, using appropriate body language, giving due importance to their opinions, discussing out differences constructively and recognizing and modifying or helping others modify disrespectful behavior to a better one.

If we do not practice respect, this will soon cause us sadness due to our own actions as well as hurt others and make the place around us gloomy, and if more people are encouraged to resort to disrespect, it will be the fall of our civilization. Hence, we should be aware of what is respect, respect ourselves first and foremost, treat others with respect and help others also in treating people with respect to eventually guide our future generations to live in a respectful peaceful society.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (joyous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291418-Essay-on-Respect