*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291720-Between-the-stars-Pleiades
Rated: E · Fiction · Arts · #2291720
Finding Self Love and Identity. Book 1 out of 3
Prologue
She wandered amiably along the mossy path speckled with moon pebbles here and there glimmering the way.
She didn't see the red droplets sprinkle behind, leaving a crimson stain on the tiny pebbles.

The moon itself shone defiantly against Ouranos’s midnight essence; she gazed on the two with love as her journey took her to meadows with night blooming daisies and chamomile. Finally, she sat down on a patch of grass; her long dark hair flowing behind her like a river among the flowers. She then slowly lied down, the coolness of the earth calming the inner fire in her heart.

Her eyes dimmed as the rest of the world blacked peacefully out of sight
The poison had worked.
Or so she thought.

Chapter 1: Waking
The sun had begun to rise from its slumbers when the moonstone illuminated a shadow on the hill.
"Saoirse! Saoirse is that you?"
"Peter?" she mumbled. Wait. She shouldn't be mumbling, much less speaking; she should be dead not her boyfriend. Her eyes adjusted to see him looking down at her, confused and worried.
"What are you doing here all by yourself?!" He helped her sit up and took her in his arms. Without knowing, Soairse let out a sob of pure anguish, making Peter hold her tighter and rock her like a little baby.
"Shhh, now, now I'm here, you're not leaving this Earth without me, no you're not darling."
"How di-id you find me?" she sniffled
"I found your bed empty, my knife and the medication from the cupboard gone. I rode on Artemis's Stag."
"...so you found me now?"
"Yeah, I saw the bottle and the knife next to you; oh my Saoirse." He kissed the top of her head and kept holding her.
"I-I'm sorry Peter, but I just-"
"Don't explain right now, are you cut anywhere else?"
Saoirse looked down on her arms, dried with crusted scabs, then her legs. They were flawless. Then she finally noticed the bottle on her right, the pink liquid almost gone.
"No," she finally answered.
"I'm not going to lose you again. I promise for the rest of my life."
"Peter, this is all my fault. Everything has been my fault." That statement welled the tears once again in her eyes.

Peter looked her in the eye and without saying anything, kissed her soft rose lips; she buried her hands in his sandy brown hair and raggedly sighed as she fell into another deep sleep.

The next time she woke up, she found herself in Peter's room in one of his poet shirts. He entered the room with a small tray: breakfast.
"I know you probably don't feel hungry, but at least you should drink this. It's a tea to help with...the poison's side effects."
She tried to smile but she felt so weak. Peter set the tray on the side table and scooched over to Soairse with the cup and put to her lips. She drank it submissively. Already the herbal tea was making effect, she felt her face flush and her veins roar with the blood rushing anew.
"Feeling better?" he asked softly as he tucked a curl into her ear; she nodded and nuzzled into his warmth. Peter got under the sheets with her and stroked her beautiful tresses.
He's going to find out what happened but not just yet.
To be continued...
© Copyright 2023 Serena Tennet (shelfpoet1245 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2291720-Between-the-stars-Pleiades