*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292035-Im-Innocent
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2292035
A twisted dream I had.
I was a guest judge in an animal contest sponsored by the Kratt brothers (as in Wild Kratts) & recently there was a news story about a murder in the woods. Right when the cameras started rolling, a cop comes rushing in & puts a gun to my forehead screaming that I was the murderer. I said I could prove I was innocent so he let me upload my body cam footage on the big screen behind the judging area. I showed the footage for the time of the murder, but instead of showing me at home like it should have, it was showing me committing the murder! The cop then fired two shots within a foot of my torso. The twist? The bullets never touched me and I had figured out what was going on. While the cop was still frozen by disbelief I went Dr. Doolittle, calling the weasels to frisk the cop and to smash the device he used to hijack the feed. I had just managed to prove that he was the murderer and was trying to frame me. So in the end everything worked out ok even if I was somewhat embarrassed. No animals were harmed.
© Copyright 2023 Massive Friendly Derg (dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292035-Im-Innocent