*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292245-How-To-Learn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Educational · #2292245
It started as a simple project to help my kids learn. It ended as something wonderful.
Imagine having a tablet that had videos and ebooks that could teach you to read and write in any language in the world. Now imagine that that same tablet could power itself from sunlight while charging the battery enough for days before it needs to be exposed to the sun again. The screen is layered sapphire and graphene with boron interlaced to create the solar collection cells, reflecting nano-mirrors, and liodes to create the illusion of color and produce actual light when needed and reflect back existing light when available. The videos and ebooks were all the result of The Learning Foundation which was created to produce the distilled version of every subject possible from newborn through associates level subjects. The idea was to give everything away at cost and erase the education gap for every child on Earth.

We ended up with so much publicity and donations that we were able to produce version one within the first year. The results were beyond anything that we had expected and genius kids were popping up literally everywhere around the world. They had always been there, but there was no way for most of them to get the knowledge and now they were changing the world.

The latest version is still years behind the cutting edge in electronics but where everyone else is going ever smaller due to being literally inside of you, these "old tech" tablets are almost indestructible. They are nearly solid with every part crammed full of either ultracapacitors or synthetic dendrites. Even with the literal tens of thousands of hours of video and audio that is available in each of the hundred and eighty-nine main languages, there are still multiple exabytes of storage space available to the users. This has resulted in many new languages that are currently being documented by speakers of those languages.

Since the devices will last for years beyond their expected use and are constantly being upgraded with new content and features, old ones are often trashed or left for others to use, you will find them everywhere people might go including in the middle of nowhere national forest. That is how a juvenile bigfoot apparently found one of these devices, and taught itself how to speak English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Korean so far but has started to upload what appears to be the first non-human language on the network.

His handle is &Little!BigFoot45 and is on his third device now since his dad keeps hiding them whenever he catches him using one. His fans have been caching their old ones not only all throughout the western forests of the country, but pretty much everywhere else they go hiking. We have only known about him for the past two weeks, but we are already making plans for new versions that might appeal to gorillas, dolphins, elephants, birds, dogs, cats, and pretty much every other animal you can think of that might enjoy playing with such a device. This was not where I thought this project would be going, but I honestly can't think of a better place to be.
© Copyright 2023 Jeffhans (jeffhans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292245-How-To-Learn