*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292858-Elizas-Troubled-Afternoon
by Sol
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #2292858
A little practice piece, The prompt was given to me by a friend. (Very, very, very short)
Eliza Noris had always loved cold Athens with its wonderful, alert coliseums. It was a place where she had always felt at peace with herself. She was a lonely, amnesiac, tea drinker with fragile eyes and frail hands. Her friends saw her as a cold, ruthless monster. Although, it seems that no one ever saw her for who she was. No one saw the sort of woman she could be. Eliza walked over to the window and reflected on her pleasant surroundings. Then, in the distance with the soft pittering of hail on the window, she saw something, or rather, someone. It was the figure of Gregory Solace. Gregory was a quiet deity with downcasted eyes and lacerated hands. Eliza sighed. She was not prepared to see Gregory again. As Eliza stepped outside and Gregory came closer, she could see the runny glint in his eye. Gregory glared with all the wrath he could muster at this moment. He muttered, in a nonchalant tone, "I hate you." Eliza looked back, even more angry, still holding the tattered book in her hands. "I hate you so much for what you have done," said Gregory. They looked at each other with differing looks. One filled with hatred, and the other filled with regret. Eliza studied Gregory's sorrowful eyes and battered hands. Eventually, she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Eliza in apologetic tones, "but I don't remember what happened that night, and I probably never will. I wish I could, Gregory." Gregory looked away, his emotions so raw, it broke Eliza's heart. Eliza could practically hear Gregory's heart shatter into a thousand pieces. Then, seemingly out of the blue, the deity hurriedly turned and whisked away into the distance. "Sigh," said Eliza. It seemed like not even a cup of tea would calm Eliza's nerves tonight.























© Copyright 2023 Sol (solapollo7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2292858-Elizas-Troubled-Afternoon