*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293038-Pure-As-Ash
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Tragedy · #2293038
“Every creature is doomed with fate, No one can escape, no matter how hard they try. "
[Updated Mar.30 23]



Chapter One
"Introductions"



The god breathed deeply, pulling the book of fate from
the stand flipping to the first page,
“Every living creature is doomed with fate, even the gods, though the gods
Cannot read the fate of themselves or other gods. Not even the god of fate, the all seer can see his own.
No one can escape fate, no matter how hard they try.
Fate always catches up.”


The god gasped as it stood, it was back, it had been summoned back to the middle dimension.
It's dimension.
The one thing it controlled on it's own.
A place where the green grass stretches throughout and creatures run wild and free. Many had lost hope in the old gods causing him to not be as… worshiped or summoned. It had yearned to be back here. It didn't know why but it honestly hated the other gods. They didn't understand why they would rather be up there, (wherever up there was), than down here. Nothing was perfect and nothing was right. Unlike up there where everything is just so…uniform.
It looked down to see the human who had attempted to summon him, and a smile spread across its face. This was no ordinary summoner, for it was a goddess's son. The gods never really had children, none of them ever really died. So there was no need, and the gods could never love the way that mortals did, they just didn't have the time or reason for it. Lust and love were very different things, lust was what the gods were familiar with. But, the goddess of war and water had been different. She had fallen in love for a mortal and he had fallen for her and, eventually, they had a son, Eric. He was a half and half, something the gods did not know what to do with, so they sent him to live in the realm the god ruled with his father. It was amusing to be honest, a half god summoning one of his own.
Eric sighed and the god made itself known before Eric and he smiled in relief, “Eric.” The god spoke.
“You know my name?”
The god laughed and echoey laugh it was. One that seemed to mocked itself, “Everyone knows who you are dear. And might I say-” It snaked around Eric as the light fabric of its clothes flowed in a motion so hypnotizing Eric was caught staring, “The god of lust and desire you are.” It gently put a hand on Eric’s face, examining him, before taking it off and turning. It looking at the night sky as Celeste wove the stars, oh how It missed that sight.
“Now, what do I have the pleasure for?”
“I need," Eric took a moment, "I need you to kill my father.”
And this remark amused It, it laughed that same headache inducing laugh once again.
“You summon the god of chaos to perform a petty task one as yourself could?” It turned back to face him.
“My mother is very… keen on keeping an eye on us, she would know, I'm afraid of what would happen.”
“ Your mother wouldn't kill you darling, I've seen how fondly she… loves you.” The word ‘love’ seemed to roll off it's tongue with a sort of jealousy.
The man got onto his knees, the fabric of his jeans worn, “Please. I'm begging you, I can't leave, he’s terrible.”
The god brushed him away, bare feet stepping on the damp and cool grass, “You think I care how terrible the man is? Eric,” He knelt down to get on Eric’s level then cupped his chin, “ It would be far worse if I were to kill him. They would cleanse me.” It sighed.
“Cleanse?”
“For a half and half, you are naive.” It responded quickly.
It stood up and smiled that pure white, sinister grin, “Apologies Eric, but you are on your own.” It turned to leave to some unknown location before Eric protested.
“What about a deal?” Eric pleaded, he had heard stories about the god and its games.
It stopped to turn, pure white eyes pierced through the darkness when it looked back to him. Deals and games where something it held deeply to it's heart.-
“And what would you purpose dear?”
“I will be in service to you if you complete this, please.” Eric stood getting back up the the god’s level.
The god laughed once again, seemingly taking nothing serious, “I don't quite think you understand what you're getting yourself into here Eric.”
“I-” Eric paused to steady his voice, “-I do, and i'm completely prepared.” He held out his hand.
The god reached for it and held it firmly, “It's considered a deal.”

-

They both had planned to do it when The goddess visited her son, as she did once a full moon. They would meet in the nearby forest on one side of Eric’s small hidden village.

-

It stood over the man, oh how peaceful he slept, a comfortable sleep he would never wake from. It held a shining light blue opal knife. A quick movement was made cutting the man's throat and his eyes jolted open.
‘What a shame’ It thought to itself, it didn't cut deep enough.
And so it slashed again and again, messier and messier as it went. The man coughed on his blood, dying. And the god left unable to be seen by any of the wandering townsfolk.
It was covered in mortal blood that shone in the sunlight. The god went to a nearby stream that sustained most of the village. When it got close enough it took off the clip at its waist that held up the cloth that wrapped around his torso and waist, letting it fall against the damp rocks. Then he took off his dark cloth gloves that attached to his middle finger and went up to his elbows. And finally he removed his dark sleeveless half shirt that hid under most of the cloth.
It stepped into the frigid water, it was refreshing and I enjoyed it. As it got deeper it let the unnaturally clear water flow over it washing the dark crimson off of his skin, disappearing down the stream. It cupped water and held it above its head and dropped it onto his light cotton candy colored hair. The clothing was grabbed and submerged into the water, and like his perfect olive skin, was washed clean nearly instantly.
It climbed out of the stream and its clothes as well as itself dried within minutes. It got dressed and went back to the meeting spot it and Eric had decided on, seeing the man's Nervous face it smiled.
“Took you long enough.”
“I had to get clean, I wouldn't think of ever disappointing you my dear.”
Eric sighed, “Did it get done?”
“Of course it did, now what about you? What will you do? I'm sure you will be the first to be suspicious of in the village.” It cocked its head, putting a hand on its hip.
“I can cross that bridge when I get there… I'm hoping people will point fingers at someone else first though.”
The taste of discord filled the gods mouth as he imagined the close knit town suddenly turning on each other over a murder that would never be solved, “Perhaps that would work for some time.”
“Now, what do you want from me?” Eric said, sounding almost annoyed.
“Ah, think you can just get things over with? No no no.”
“Do you just not know what you want from me?”
It chuckled, “Oh of course I do. I’m just not ready to do it yet, you have a purpose, know that.”
Eric waved his hands in the air, “Yeah, sure…” He looked up at the evening sky, “So what now?” He looked back at it.
“Who knows, I think for now I will just enjoy my time back here, it has been…” It trailed off staring to a nowhere place, “Years since i've been home.”
© Copyright 2023 Anddrew Hope (anddrewhope at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293038-Pure-As-Ash