*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293253-What-I-Never-Told-You-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · LGBTQ+ · #2293253
Trigger Warning: Bullying, Gaslighting, Foul Language, Depression
If you haven't read it already, I would highly suggest checking out part 1, by the same name, so you have an idea of what is going on here. otherwise, I will continue. (Please read the trigger warning in the description, to know what you're in for.)
This part will be shorter than the first, but this is to fill in the parts that really made everything come together, I also don't have much time on my hands at the moment because life lol.

By the time the day ended, I was so mentally exhausted, I just wanted to go home and cry. Never in my 16 years, had I had someone talk about me, to my face, like that. Being called someone's "bitch," dating them or not, was not okay. Especially when his friend didn't even know me.

When I got home, I decided to talk to my newest friend, who was part of my boyfriend's friend group. She told me I should be honest with my boyfriend. Let him know how I felt, so it would never happen again.
I took her advice and texted him. (now I don't have the exact texts, but this was where I went with it, and what I got in return. R-Me and B-my boyfriend)
R- "Hey. I wasn't sure that I should say something, but I feel like I should. Today when T called me your bitch, it made me really uncomfortable and upset. I'm not comfortable with stuff like that as is, and I don't really know him, so I would appreciate if you could ask him to keep from calling me things like that?"
B- 'It was just a joke"
R- "OK, I get that, but it didn't feel like a joke to me. if they could just avoid making jokes like that at me, I would really appreciate it."
B- "well, I guess I'm a terrible boyfriend."
R- "I'm sorry, that's not what I'm saying."

He ended up going silent after that. I wasn't sure what to do. I ended up apologizing profusely the following days, and never did get an apology from T.

The rest of March was basically the beginning of the pandemic. My boyfriend's mom was very strict about the whole thing. So him and I didn't really see each other. It wasn't until the beginning of April that I went to his house, and stood in his driveway, while he was in the doorway, so we could talk in person.
In late April, or early May, I cant 100% recall, he came to my place for a visit, which only lasted for about an hour and a half, which he spent mostly talking about his new friend.
He mainly talked about how this friend understood him in so many ways, and was unlike anyone else. You would have thought that was who he was dating.
We sat on the phone fairly often, but significantly less than it was.

I began to have some feelings of hesitation, the same I'd had when I broke up with my first boyfriend.
I decided, I was gonna see when he could hang out next, and if it was sooner than later, I was gonna break up with him in person, and if I couldn't do that, I was gonna facetime him, so it was at least face to face.
he never answered the question on when he could, so I decided, it would be through facetime, I just wanted to wait until the day in the following week, that neither of us would be working.

Before I could, the morning of May 31st, 2020, I had sent him the same Good Morning text I always did after the pandemic started, and I could no longer say it in person at school.
He said it back, so I went to ask how he was doing, and he responded with "I don't know."
I asked what was wrong, and he replied saying how he had to tell me something that he "knew was gonna make me sad."

I wasn't daft. I knew exactly what was coming, so I was prepared. saved me the trouble.
We had always promised, we would still be friends, if we ever broke up, because we didn't want this to ruin anything that came before it.
But that changed when I read his break up text.



I will be posting the break up information (paraphrasing, as I can't find any copies of the original texts,) in part 3, as soon as I have the chance.
© Copyright 2023 RoseGoddexx03 (rosegoddexx03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293253-What-I-Never-Told-You-Part-2