*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293421-THE-AMBER-MEDALLION
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2293421
In this SHORT story: Tiberius is destined to save the world from a dastardly medallion.






As Tiberius ran for the door the power of the medallion froze the door in time and turned on the pipes in the corner of the room. It was slowly flooding. Tiberius was going to drown.He had to find a way out.And fast. He pulled out his magic pendant and summoned the ancient aztec wind god wind god Ehecatl to use the raging winds of the west to blow down the walls

But his power wasn't strong enough.He was running out of ideas. Ah! Of course! He couldn't believe he hadn't thought of this before he whistled for the water god Xiuhtecuhtli and he sucked up all the water and used it to create a tidal wave strong enough to knock down the walls, Tiberius escaped!Now it was time to catch that pesky medallion. He ran through the grassland towards the horizon.





Tiberius felt rage fire up inside his body. He needed to find that medallion to destroy it,

therefore saving the world from its tyrannical reign. First he needed to check the tracking device that he had stuck onto the medallion was still working. It was. The medallion was in its perch in south bend valley near the silver cyclops. He had to be careful near that thing the last time he faced it in a one on one battle he had almost lost his life to its piercing one-eyed glare. First, he had to summon the god of the sky (Tezcatlipoca) so he could fly to the valley.

Finally he could see it, he flew down to the valley but the cyclops was blocking the path to the medallion lucky he had his pendant though, so he summoned the god of fighting Huitzilopochtli who bashed the cyclops with all his might but he only budged a little.

Just then, for a moment he saw the cyclops cower from the rays of sunlight so just as Huitzilopochtli was about to go he asked him to shine more sunlight on the cyclops (Huitzilopochtli was also the god of the sun) he agreed to do so and the cyclops melted in the almighty rays of Huitzilopochtli.





He could see that irksome medallion lurking near the edge of the valley. He snuck up behind the medallion and cupped it in his hands.Tiberius glared at the medallion through the gaps in his hand restraints.The medallion fused with his pendant to become some sort of magic pendant medallion? Pendallion! That's it! He was just getting ready to go back to his hut when a bird snatched the pendant from his "pendallion" and flew away with it. He had to get it back! He summoned Tezcatlipoca again and took to the sky.



He chased after the bird in a flurry of wings but the bird was too fast. Suddenly, the bird plummeted to the ground and Tiberius looked down to see a man with a sniper. He did a nose dive and plummeted to the ground where the bird fell. He found the dead bird but he couldn't find the medallion. AHA! He found it! But it was stuck in a crack in the canyon floor where the bird fell. He tried to get it out with all his might but he couldn't. Out of the blue, he heard footsteps behind him and he turned round to see the stocky figure holding the sniper. That slew the bird.









He asked in a gruff voice where the medallion was and tiberius was about to protest when he realised even he couldn't get it out. He told him where it was but the man couldn't get it out. Tiberius had an idea! He asked the man for his gun so he could pry it out with it. (the man wasn't very bright. He gratefully handed him the gun and tiberius whacked him full in the face with it. The man fell unconscious. Tiberius then used the sniper to get the medallion out then he smashed the gun so the man couldn't shoot him down. He summoned Tezcatlipoca and, once again, took to the sky.



He felt a wave of relief as he could no longer see the canyon. He was flying to his hometown, xuretus.

He dreaded the day when he would have to go back as this place formed the worst of his memories such as his family being killed by his psychotic father.



He had to retrieve, His FATHERS sword. His father's sword was a sword that was forged by the great blade master fuhuji. This kind of sword changes colour and matches the symbolising colour of its user. Tiberius is excited to see which colour the sword would change to. He grabbed the sword, pulled off the sheath and it was...



Not changing colour. Tiberius felt rage well up inside him and screamed. Then he stopped as everyone was staring at him like he had gone mad. Tiberius stormed out the village like an army helicopter, Suddenly a huge flesh golem blocked his path to the town's exit and it laughed menacingly. Tiberius ultimately realised this golem killed his best friend Tifushu. He could tell as the mark on its forehead was the exact same that Tifushu gave it before the golem crushed his head in its fearsome jaws.



Tiberius wanted to get out of this place so he went ahead and battled the golem. He thought it looked easy to defeat and he was full of ego from getting his new sword, and he went for a killing blow through its stomach ( if it even had one) but he failed miserably. Tiberius was shocked at first. The golem laughed. He was talking about Tifushu " you think you can pierce my hide?" " You're just like that other idiot you call your 'friend'!" Tiberius felt the rage swell up inside his body and he went for another blow. He used his killer blow called fire shadow. He felt the blade go red hot, he didn't care , he was going to show this golem what he was made of. The blade sunk through its thick hide and chopped the golem in half. The golem melted away into the darkness. He looked down at his blade. Slowly but surely the blade was turning blood red. To match his rage.



He walked out the town with people behind him gasping in awe at him. He was followed back to his home-away-from-home by a curious animal that looked like a fox, except it was green and had wings. Tiberius told it to go away. The fox bird flew out of sight. Tibirius thought to himself 'what the hell was that?' He thought that maybe he had been a bit harsh on it and then fell asleep. The next morning he was planning to do some training outside. He ran outside and heard the strangest of howling sounds. It was the fox bird and it was being attacked by jackals. ' Oh for god sake!' he thought as he was chasing away the jackals. They just came straight back and started biting the fox bird again. Now he was getting pissed off. Tiberius stood back and plunged his sword into the ground. Fire pulse. The jackals went flying away hundreds of miles. The fox bird looked up at him with big eyes and cuts all over himself. Tiberius welcomed him inside his home. The fox bird sniffed around until tiberius told him to stay still he was going to summon Patecatl the god of healing. It healed the fox bird's numerous bumps, cuts and bruises. It looked as if it had never been hurt in his life. Tiberius decided (much to the fox bird's delight) that he would adopt it (he needed a companion in his life anyway). He named it patroclus. Patroclus immediately fell asleep on tiberius's couch and started PURRING!?!?!?


Tiberius was also feeling tired so he also slept (even though it was the day.) Just as he was getting into a good dream he heard a loud knock on the door. He eagerly opened the door to find a large box. He took it inside and gingerly opened it. Inside were some of the hardest and impressive armour he had ever seen. He wondered who would have gifted him these. He was extremely grateful. He tried the new armour on. It was a bit tight but it looked amazing on him and he could move around fantastically. He hit the armour with a rock. There wasn't any sign of a scratch and it didn't break nor did he feel the impact of the rock and the pain that usually follows it. This armour was incredible! He found out that it was made out of tungsten which is the most durable element known to mankind. What puzzled him is that tungsten is usually white or grey, not a beautiful shade of green. Patroclus woke up and started pleading for food. Tiberius didn't know what he liked at first he offered him pizza, but Patroclus turned his nose up at that. He started sniffing at one of the cupboards near the couch. Tiberius opened it to find a home-made curry, still piping hot. "You really want to eat that?" asked tiberius. Patroclus nodded so Tiberius laid it down onto the floor on a towel and patroclus began to eat. After he had finished eating, he immediately fell asleep on the couch again.




Tiberius went out for a walk while Patroclus was sleeping and found a local village nearby where he went and bought supplies for home because he thought he better build patroclus something to sit or sleep on. He bought some wooden planks and some soft and fluffy linen and padded felt to cover it with. After hours of trying to build it, he managed to create a soft almost-treehouse kind of thing for patroclus. For a second, he didn't realise it, but then he noticed the medallion was gone! He swore to himself as the medallion was starting to get on his nerves. But he couldn't let anyone else have it. They could wreak havoc on the world with it because it had the power to summon the Aztec gods. He ran outside, with patroclus on his shoulder, in full armour with his sword. He guessed, by the putrid smell going in a wispy but straight line, that it was a demon of some sort. This type of demon could only be killed by cutting off their head with a sword. Luckily for Tiberius, he had one, and it was blood red.




He rushed along the trail that smelled of demon, then he saw it, it was the most hideous creature he had ever seen. It looked very strong as well. Patroclus mewed then ran back to the house in fright. He felt the rage that boiled up inside him from when he fought the golem. He realised it now. Whenever he needed to defeat a strong beast or monster, he had to focus on his grief from his friend and family. At first he stumbled back but then instinct told him to go for it. He rushed forward, acted like he was going for the demon's neck but then he flipped over its back and went for the killing blow at the neck, he almost got it when...




The demon turned around and deflected the blow. It had sharp and rapid reflexes. Tiberius knew he was better than this. He focused on his dear mother and the rage swelled up inside his lanky body. He dodged the sharp blow of the demon's hand and jumped behind it. His blade moved on its own. It sliced off the demon's legs like butter. The demon fell to the floor with a thud and then Tiberius went for a swing to the neck and... The demon dodged it again! But he was n't going to give up now. His sword pierced through the demon's chest that was protected with an extremely tough hide. The demon was only slowed. Patroclus flew to him with a butter knife in his mouth. Patroclus what the heck are you doing! He first thought. But then he realised. Ah, a distraction. The demon lunged after the patroclus. But he wasn't fast enough. Tiberius then swung his sword -when the demon was distracted- and the blade sliced through its neck with ease. The demon's body crumbled away and faded into the darkness. Tiberius yowled in triumph and patroclus flew around in circles as they made their way back to the cabin. Tiberius made celebratory stew for dinner. It didn't turn out as he had hoped. Patroclus still ate it. He had been pretty worked up that day so he decided to sleep early. That was his big mistake. The cabin was raided during the night. The medallion and his sword were taken. Tiberius woke up grasped for his sword and... nothing. He realised it was gone. Oh no he thought. He went to the draw where the medallion was hidden. It was gone. Patroclus was laying on the floor. His eyes wide and stricken with fear. "Patroclus what happened?" Patroclus flopped onto tiberius' shoulder and meowed into his ear. Tiberius knew what he ment. They had been robbed. And the enemy was very, very, near. Patroclus screamed.Tiberius turned round. A face stared through the algae covered window. It was covered in blood.




The medallion was looped around his neck. It was pulled off his head with a jerk by a shadowy figure wearing a shady hood. Tiberius grabbed Patroclus and launched himself under the oak wood table. The figure was holding a long bladed maguro b?ch? knife. The knife slashed through the bulletproof glass windows in an instant. The figure skillfully jumped through the window. The medallion around his neck. He would help the medallion get back in power (the medallion is evil but helps its user, left unattended it will wreak havoc upon the world.) and destroy planet earth. The hooded man walked straight past tiberius' and patroclus' hiding space and went through the door. Tiberius wondered why he came.




Once Tiberius had finished replacing the windows, he went to find patroclus. He was sitting on his tree house, purring like a cat. Everything seemed normal now that that night had passed. They both acted as if nothing happened. As if put under a trance. Somehow, Tiberius knew that that mysterious man had something to do with the fact that they don't care about the medallion anymore. But they needed to care otherwise the whole world would be overrun by madness. That man, he did something. A spell maybe? Tiberius snapped out of it. He needed to get that medallion! He ran out of the tiny cabin's door. He forgot his armour. He quickly put that on and set off in hot pursuit of the mysterious figure. As tiberius ran he picked up the scent of something very peculiar. He knew it was a trap but he didn't care. He ran only thinking about his sword and saving the world. He was being reckless, he didn't care about his own self or wellbeing. Just rushing straight into battle. He had no plan "B's" and was full of himself. Wham! He fell into a pit-trap. Where am I? He began to wonder. He was about to climb out when the mysterious figure loomed over the pit. His mask was off...




Find out what happened in chapter 2...






































































         





© Copyright 2023 darkness killer (pa2repton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293421-THE-AMBER-MEDALLION