*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293555-The-Haunted-Looking-Glass
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Ghost · #2293555
Trapped in the Mirror
Lila always loved antique stores. She loved browsing through the old items, imagining their stories and the people who owned them. So, when she saw the small sign on the side of the road advertising an antique shop, she couldn't resist.


The store was a small, dusty place, filled to the brim with all sorts of trinkets and treasures. Lila spent hours wandering the aisles, admiring the old books, the jewelry, and the antique furniture. As she was about to leave, something caught her eye: a beautiful looking glass. The frame was ornate, and the glass itself was slightly clouded with age. Lila knew she had to have it.


When she brought it home, she placed it in her bedroom, propping it up against the wall. At first, she was thrilled with her purchase. But soon, she began to notice something strange. Every time she looked into the mirror, she felt as though someone was watching her. She brushed it off as her imagination and tried to ignore the feeling.


One night, Lila woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of her dog barking. She got out of bed and walked over to the window to see what was causing the commotion. To her surprise, she saw a woman standing in her yard, staring up at her window. The woman was dressed in old-fashioned clothes, and her face was twisted in a grotesque expression.


Lila rubbed her eyes, thinking that she must be dreaming. But when she looked back out the window, the woman was still there. She tried to call out to her, but the words caught in her throat. The woman continued to stare up at her with a twisted smile on her face.


Lila's heart was pounding in her chest as she stumbled back to her bed. She couldn't shake the feeling that the woman in the yard was somehow connected to the looking glass. She got up and walked over to it, looking at her own reflection. But instead of seeing herself, she saw the woman from the yard staring back at her.


Lila tried to turn away, but she was rooted to the spot. She felt a chill run down her spine as the woman in the mirror began to move. Her twisted smile widened, and her eyes seemed to bore into Lila's soul. Suddenly, Lila felt as though she was being pulled into the mirror, her body disappearing into the glass.


When she woke up, Lila was lying on the ground in what appeared to be a completely different room. The air was musty, and the walls were made of old, crumbling stone. She looked around, trying to make sense of her surroundings. That's when she saw the woman from the yard standing in front of her.


Lila tried to scream, but no sound came out. The woman reached out and touched Lila's cheek with her cold, bony fingers. Lila shuddered and tried to pull away, but the woman held her firmly.


"Don't be afraid," the woman said in a raspy voice. "I won't hurt you."


Lila tried to speak, but her throat was dry. The woman gestured towards the room they were in.

"Welcome to my home," she said. "I've been waiting for someone like you for a long time."


Lila didn't know what to say. She couldn't believe what was happening. The woman led her through the room, showing her old furniture, paintings, and other antiques. Everything was old and worn, but it was also beautiful.

As they walked, the woman began to tell Lila her story. Her name was Isabella, and she had lived in the house with her husband and children many years ago. But one day, she had


As they walked, the woman began to tell Lila her story. Her name was Isabella, and she had lived in the house with her husband and children many years ago. But one day, she had woken up to find herself trapped inside the mirror that Lila had purchased from the antique store.

Isabella had been trapped in the mirror ever since, watching the world outside pass by as she remained stuck in her own world. She had been waiting for someone to free her from the mirror, and Lila had unwittingly provided her with that opportunity.

Lila was amazed by Isabella's story, and she couldn't believe that she was standing there, talking to a woman who had been trapped inside a mirror for years. But as they talked, Lila began to notice that Isabella's appearance was changing. Her once twisted and grotesque features began to soften and her skin became clearer. The woman Lila had seen in her yard earlier was no longer the same.

As the hours passed, Lila and Isabella continued to talk. They talked about their lives, their families, and their hopes and dreams. Isabella showed Lila around the house, telling her stories about each room and the people who had once lived there.

The more Lila talked to Isabella, the more she began to feel like she was in a dream. The house seemed to be in a different time period, and she couldn't understand how she had been transported to this strange and magical place.


As night began to fall, Isabella showed Lila to a bedroom where she could rest. Lila was hesitant to sleep, but she was so exhausted that she couldn't keep her eyes open. She fell asleep quickly, her dreams filled with images of Isabella and the world inside the mirror.


When she woke up, Lila found herself back in her own bedroom, lying on the floor. She sat up, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Had it all been a dream? She looked over at the looking glass and saw her own reflection staring back at her. But something was different. The glass was no longer clouded with age, and her reflection looked clearer than ever before.


Lila got up and walked over to the mirror, examining it closely. She couldn't explain what had happened, but she knew that it wasn't a dream. Isabella was real, and she had somehow transported Lila to her world inside the mirror.


Lila tried to go about her day as usual, but she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled in her stomach. She couldn't stop thinking about Isabella and the world inside the mirror. She knew that she had to go back and see her again.


The next day, Lila returned to the antique store where she had purchased the looking glass. She spoke to the shopkeeper, hoping that he could provide her with some answers. The shopkeeper listened to her story with a curious expression on his face.


"I've heard of that mirror before," he said. "It's been in my family for generations. They say that it's haunted, that it has the power to transport people to another world."


Lila couldn't believe what she was hearing. The shopkeeper went on to explain that many people had tried to purchase the mirror over the years, but that it had always been passed down through his family.


"I don't want to sell it," he said. "It's too valuable, both financially and historically."


Lila pleaded with him, telling him about her experience with Isabella and the world inside the mirror. The shopkeeper listened intently, and eventually, he agreed to let Lila take the mirror home with her.


"I don't know what you're going to find inside," he warned her. "...




© Copyright 2023 EmsleyPratt (ehralyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293555-The-Haunted-Looking-Glass