*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293678-The-daughter-of-Heaven-and-Hell
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #2293678
Little idea for a story.
The biggest house on the block, and the only one that seemed empty. Leviathan's choice was clear. The house he had chosen was not a house, but a castle. He guessed it must have belonged to a duke. The castle had miles around it, making it his easiest target. The outside was made of yellowish white coloured rock, with the blueish black roof. The colours and build made him think of persian castles. The grounds were in perfect order, the perfect green, the bushes neatly trimmed and the flowers all perfect. There were many different types of trees everywhere. Behind the castle, Leviathan could see a lake. It was not a huge lake, but its beauty would make someone want to sit and stare for hours.
Leviathan scaled the wall of the house to find the easiest window to enter. He didn’t need to steal to live well, because he was a son of a lord, a first born son. He stole for the thrill of it. He hated being part of the court. Nothing interesting ever happened around the lords and ladys.
He found a window that was wide open. There was no screen. The easiest job he had done yet. When he got inside he saw red. Lots and lots of deep red. There was expensive wood, probably Bocote wood. There were mixes of greens, purples, and blues in the red. It was the richest colored house he had ever seen.
To his right was a wooden two story staircase. On his left was a long hallway with lots of rooms and many windows. He decided to go right and explore upstairs first. He entered the first room on the right. There was the biggest book collection he had ever seen. There were two stories of books. He guessed there were about a million books in the room. In the middle of the room, there was a spiral staircase going down. At the bottom of the stairs, was the most homely sitting room he had ever seen. There was a giant fireplace at one end of the room. There were two couches around the fire, in between the two, there was a leather seat. There was a smaller fireplace by a giant window overlooking the lake and grounds. There were black and gold cushions and beanbags littering the floor. Both fires were burning bright on the January night. Not a single soul was in sight. His luck was good tonight.
There was a small door hidden by the staircase. He slowly opened the door to ensure there was no one in the room. This room is what he would have called a personal library. There were bookshelves lining three of the walls. On the fourth, there was a medium sized fireplace. There was a singular chair in front of the fireplace.
He started to walk toward the chair when he heard a soft word, “Stop.” He stopped in his tracks. He couldn’t tell where the sound was coming from, but it confused him. He could usually tell when something or someone was in a room. He walked into this room without being able to tell.
“Where are you?” He asked.
“Behind you.” was the soft reply.
He whirled around. Behind him was a girl. She was not a regular fae girl, she had huge wings looming behind her. Her dark black hair was long reaching about her hip. Her skin was a darkly tanned color. Her ears were like the fae, but her eyes weren’t. They were pure black, like demons. That's when he realized he just broke into the wrong house.
“Who are you?” she asked.
“Who are you?” he asked back.
“I don’t think you should be asking that since you broke into MY house.”
“Your house? You seem a little young.”
“I would think so too, but since my family is all dead, I am the lady of the house, whether or not people want a demon duchess. I am Megaera Alaister, and you are?”



“Your lady Alaister? I’ve heard stories about you. You're the demon lady.” The boys said. The same boy who had just broken into my house.
I cringed.
“Sorry, that was rude. I am Leviathan Duras.” He said bowing. His medium length black hair fell loose from his hat. When he rose I noticed his eyes were an unusual color of purple. They were the color of purple orchids. His eyes flashed with his gorgeously tanned skin. He was the most gorgeous fae I have ever seen.
“Now, would you sit, and explain to me why you broke into my house?”
He flushed embarrassed, “sure.”
He sat in the chair I had been occupying not five minutes ago.
“My parents have forced me for many years to be a part of the court. I am only twenty-one, and feel too young. So, I got a hobby, stealing. I do it for a sport, for fun even. I also like to explore the houses I break into. I didn’t get to finish my exploring.” He smiled jokingly.
“I’m sure we could finish that if you would really like. I know I’m not supposed to treat someone who just broke into my house this nice, but why not? Would you like to?” She asked.
His eyes lit up, “Really?” he asked in confusion.
“Sure, why not. I don’t get many visitors, well actually I get none. I’ve never got to show my house off to someone.” Megaera said.
“Well, now you have one visitor.” He smiles the most beautiful smile she had ever seen.
“Follow me.” She called as she turned for the door, “So, this is my library, I call it my three libraries. I have around two million books in all.”
© Copyright 2023 Hallee R. Krupp (halleegally at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2293678-The-daughter-of-Heaven-and-Hell