*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294897-The-New-Boy-In-Town
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #2294897
There's a new boy in town. Determined to stay away from his family when he met a new boy.
Jordan Clare's POV

In my opinion, moving to a town where you can see exactly where it ends on all sides is definitely not the type of place you want to move to. Yet, here I am, sitting in a moving van with my so-called "dad" in Bridgeport, West Virginia waiting for my mom and little sister to use the bathroom at a gas station. If you were wondering, NO, I did not move to Bridgeport but in fact I moved to a smaller city than that. Ligonier, Pennsylvania.

I don't understand why we had to move out of a wealthy city into such a teeny tiny town. I used to live in Atlanta, Georgia. Like isn't that one of the wealthiest cities or no.

I turned to look out the window and see my little sister and mother walking back to the car, hand in hand. "Carl, mom and Tristan are back, I'm going to get food," I say practically half way out of the car and already getting ready to head that way.

He rolled down the window to yell at me to get back into the car. "Son, get back into the car, we have food. And stop calling me Carl, I'm your father now, remember. Your mom and I are married."

I turn around and stop for a minute. I swear he did not just call me his son and that he was my father. "I'll stop calling you Carl when you stop calling me son. And you're not my father." I say spreading my arms out and walking backwards. "You never will be, no matter what!" As I finish, I turn around to start walking back towards the door of the gas station and as soon as I reach, since I know he is still watching me, I flipped him the middle finger without looking back and disappeared into the store. I could feel him roll his eyes and get mad, and that made me happy.

For the final two hours of the ride, I laid my head against the window of the passenger in the moving van. I watched as we passed trees and tall buildings and small buildings, and while listening to music, as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to Carl pulling open the door that my head was resting against. Good thing I had the seat belt on or I would have just cracked my head open. If he wants me to call him father, almost sending me to the emergency room is not the way to do it, I think. I almost say it to him but decide against it and hop out of the van instead. Glaring at him as I do.

"Hey, Carl. Do you mind if I run around the town? I want to see where you have decided to move us to. Please, I'll only be gone for a few hours, I promise I'll be good." I say in my kindest, most whiniest, begging voice just to get on his nerves. I clasped my hands together in a begging manner and gave him puppy dog eyes.

He crosses his arms to restrain himself from smacking me across the face, which I can tell he really wants to after the stunt I just did. He firmly says. "No, we have a lot of stuff to-"

"Mom, can I?" I say after I roll my eyes at him and turn around to face my mother and sister who is standing behind mother with her arms wrapped around mothers leg.

Mother nodded at me and handed me a ten dollar bill. Sweet, free money, too, I think even though I shouldn't. "Here, Jordan, buy something and have a little fun. No alcohol, and be safe."

After that I jogged over to the car that she and my sister rode and grabbed my bike out of the back of it. I made sure that the tires had air and headed over to the van, which was parked behind it, dragging my back alongside me. I grab my phone and backpack out of the passenger seat I was sitting in and start to head down the driveway. I could hear my mother talking to my step dad when I got to the bottom. I stopped at the end and turned around and gave my baby sister a little wave before heading down the actual street.
© Copyright 2023 Inkheart (inkheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294897-The-New-Boy-In-Town