*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295718-Project-Population
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #2295718
They were The Chosen Ones..picked to begin new lives on an undiscovered world

They had planned for this day for many moon cycles , since the graduation assignments had been given to the group of apprentices and she knew that by the time the sun set the real tests for the project would begin .

So far the creatures that had been brought across to start reproducing before any actual beings were brought here and the beasts seemed to have established their territories already , most already had young of their kind to increase their species .

They had even been permitted to bring plants native to the beings worlds in the wilds in hopes of the plants thriving , some had but more had died within days .

Laenn just hoped that the beings they'd each chosen to bring across thrived here as smoothly as the beasts had .

" It is time.."

Laenn inclined her head as she stepped closer to their viewing portal , where she was joined by her two team mates.

Their Chosen Ones had to succeed in order for them to be able to be assigned to a position permanently , something they'd been eagerly looking forward to since they had begun learning at their tutors knees .

When one third of the viewing portal began to take on a putrid grayish green cast she knew that her beings were now encountering the beginning of their journey from their home world and she sent up a silent prayer that the incantations they'd done worked their magic on each group of Chosen Ones .

Next the portion of the portal that indicated Josaels beings had begun their journey by silvery swirls stirring the mist in the portal and after a couple of heart beats Jaindias section turned a blushing pink in color .


Laenn held her breath as the first conveyance of her beings burst through the barrier , followed by so many more colorful and closed off carriages of a sort and she knew that the spells they had performed would cause the beings to sleep the remainder of the night once they had arrived and the portals closed , giving them time to make any adjustments on the incantations as needed .

The second beings emerged from the pink mist astride immense talon clawed beasts , looking intense and warrior like..even the females .

Finally from the silvery swirled mist came the last of the beings , leanly muscled beings who kept their young and females surrounded by their larger males for protection .

" You may only aide your Chosen as a whole four times during the projects
run . " Their tutor announced to the ' class ' of fifteen , who were all looking down into their teams portals . " You must decide when to aide them and when to let them choose their own way , of course ...and each action will count either for or against your offers of stationary positions .".

Lawn exchanged a glance with each of her teammates and they all let small smiles curve their !ips .

They had done enough research to know that the trio of beings they had chosen were enough alike that they should be able to live peacefully next to each other...that should give them an added edge when it came time to judge their project ...she hoped .









Chapter One



They were all agreeing with just a few facts , that first fact being that they were no longer anywhere near I-95 , Melbourne , or even Earth for that matter .

Then there was the whole vehicles not starting and cell phones not turning on..and the pair of suns steadily making their ascent into the pale lilac and pink washed sky overhead that said they were far , far from home .

Lonnie Frost paused in the act of tearing one of her sheets into strips of cloth to look up at the pixie like young woman sharing the blanket spread out in the shade of her xi terra , noticing that they were perhaps the only two females not going into hysterics about their circumstances .

Mothers were clutching their younger children tightly against themselves as if that alone would protect them from the truth and the grown men postures and posed , trying to out macho each other while the teens and teens were trying so desperately not to be noticed checking each other out .

The half dozen dogs that had been in vehicles now sniffed and snuff led in th long yellowish green grasses , excited by the new smells and the fact that they were off leash .










© Copyright 2023 Spectre (specklespectre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295718-Project-Population