*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295963-5-Words-Clovis-Adult-Ed
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing · #2295963
A quick write task done in my creative writing class. Use 5 random topics to make a story.
5-Word/Idea Story

In my creative writing class, we all were given index cards and the task of writing down one word at a time to answer five different prompt questions. We would then pass the card to the person next to us, write again, and so on. Once the card had five words/ideas on it, we had three minutes to write a flash fiction story about it, trying to use all the elements on the card.

My card said:
1. Bayou
2. Cricket Chirping
3. Hamburgers on the Grill
4. Green Grass
5. Excited

So here's what I spit out:

         You'd be surprised how loud the sound of chirping crickets can be when you're waiting for someone to meet you at the park at sunset. She said she'd be here right when the sun began to graze the horizon. That's when there'd be no one home to ask her where she's going or why.
         The late August night carried with it the tantalizing smell of hamburgers cooking on every other grill. You could almost hear the satisfaction in the father's smiles, flipping burgers while their wives scold the kids for running and splashing around too much in the pool.
         These were the kinds of people who were sure to have neatly trimmed lawns with grass so green, you knew their water bills were heart-stopping. I was getting sick of those people.
         That's why I loved Amy. Raised on a bayou, she knew a completely different life; a simple one. And she'd be taking me with her back home this fall.
© Copyright 2023 Ghelatlishol (ghelatlishol at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295963-5-Words-Clovis-Adult-Ed