*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297204-Journal-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Matt
Rated: E · Monologue · None · #2297204
Sleep etc.
The funny thing about this entry is that I already typed it a couple days ago. I wrote down what I was feeling and what I wanted to change, and now I can't find it. Maybe I just forgot to post it. It's funny though because I talked about sleep and how little of it I've been getting. It seems that I had such little sleep that I failed to actually save and post the entry. Last night, I got a good amount of sleep, though I still feel brain fog. I believe there's a combination of factors that are leading to the fog. Though I got roughly 8 hours last night, I need to get 8 hours much more consistently. In some weird and impressive way, my body/brain has gotten used to going to bed late and waking up early. I usually get around 6 hours of sleep, and I believe that even though that's not enough, my body has adapted my behavior to expect and operate with only 6 hours. I think that's why I feel groggy still: I got more sleep but my schedule is now out of whack. If I can keep up the 8 hours of sleep consistently, I think I'll feel much better and have a lot more energy. Once I nail down my sleep habits, I'll have more energy, motivation, availability, and mental clarity to do the things that I want to do. It's not that simple, but I do believe getting quality sleep is fundamental to pretty much everything else. It's also really good for my health, something else that I want to work on. It's time to take my self a little bit more seriously again and start incorporating some discipline in my life. I want to see some progress in every area of my life this time next year, at least just a little bit. I want to be a better person for myself and for the people that I love.
© Copyright 2023 Matt (sovietbear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297204-Journal-4