*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297669-Cataclysm-Prologue--Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2297669
A Skylanders Academy thing, want some feedback.
Spyro and Eon are gone, they have been for a while now, people are worried. Eon 'supposedly' sacrificed himself to save the Skylands. Spyro, being a self-centered yet caring idiot, blamed himself, he probably went off in search of some magic artefact that could bring his master back.
This was not the case, Eon survived his imminent death, he lost his physical body sure, but he was still here in spirit. He could now see everything happening everywhere, even if he didn't want to. He found out that Spyro's race of dragons had actually survived and were safe in another realm, and how bowling pin setting machines worked, he needed to inform Spyro of both.
After a shocked reunion, the two set off on a journy to find the rest of Spyro's kind, and would be gone for some time.

Chapter 1
"Guys, there's no point, we've looked everywhere for that bastard. If he wants to come back, he'll come back." Eruptor said.
"He's probably walking right into a death trap, but what can we do? Our PTO is almost up and I've almost forgotten what we're meant to do when not trying to save the world. It feels like we've been fighting evil mastermind after evil... you get it." Stealth Elf added, "we've stopped all of them, now there's nothing more to do."
However, on the other side of the world, a storm was brewing, a storm under the light of a blood moon that'd leave them with more than enough work on their hands.

As you could remember, last week Spyro managed to defeat evil once and for all. The battle was fought long and hard, well not that long actually, it only took a few minutes and wihle he got a few light burns and scratches, Spyro mostly came out unscathed... he was the lucky one.

"Welcome back old friend!" were the words Spyro woke up to, lying on the ground
"Wait...I'm in control again!" Spyro said overjoyously, quickly getting up to stand with the rest of the skylanders. Howerver he decided to give it a moment, still weak from the effects of Pop's potion and the physical strain of being imbued with evil for almost an entire year.
Outside, the skies began to darken, clouds twisting into unnatural patterns. From a fight earlier that day, there was a hole in the roof of Eon's study. A currently only half-conscious Dark Spyro stealthily climbed his way down the rafters, vision finally unblurring just enough for him to see... them, all the Skylanders except Spyro looking right back at him.
"Oh, hello again." He said, staring down at his prey.
"Get out of here! We're not falling for your tricks this time!" Eruptor shouted up to the ceiling. Slightly annoyed now, Dark Spyro jumped down to the ground, eye level with them now. Spyro finally managed to stand up, staring down his evil clone.
"Get the hell out of here before I kill you myself." Spyro said to the other dragon. Skylanders were primarily keepers of the peace, so hearing this kind of threat coming from one confused both the Skylanders and Dark Spyro.
"I think I'll pass." He replied, vaulting over Spyro, claws above him and ready to strike. Spyro rolled to the side, leaving the evil dragon nothing to scratch at, but air.
Now very pissed off, Dark Spyro used his newly gained telekinetic ability to control the cart they brought Spyro in on, and then launch it towards him. Spyro got hit and knocked over by the cart, but quickly got back up.
"No, we can't lose hima gain, we just got him back! We've got to do something." Stealth Elf said. Spyro then lunged at his clone, pushing him up against the wall.
"I gave you your choice, not that you deserved one, now prepare to die-" Spyro was interrupted by Dark Spyro kicking him in the ches, then sending Spyro flying through the window on the other side of the room with a burst of lightning from his horns.
As Spyro impacted the glass, it shattered, sending sharp shards everywhere. Luckily for Spyro, he had very tough scales that protected him from most of the razor sharp edges.
Now with a clear path into the academy, the howling storm outside found its way in, rendering anyone in its path unable to see anything from the heavy rain falling almost sideways.
© Copyright 2023 Codename 65 (codename-65 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297669-Cataclysm-Prologue--Chapter-1