*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297908-Hell-Girl-You-Shall-be-Avenged
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Critique · Death · #2297908
What if any wish, whether be good or bad will come true?
Hell Girl

Have you heard of such anime? If not, let me introduce you to it. The series focuses on the existence of a supernatural system that allows people to take revenge by having other people sent to Hell via the services of the mysterious title character and her assistants who implement this system. It has four seasons, it started in the year 2006 and it ended in the year 2017. Created by Hiroshi Watanabe

I am going to discuss what I really like about the story itself, not focusing on the beauty of the animation. Was in elementary when I first watched the anime but I did not finish it. Now, as an adult I am rewatching it and I recently just finished watching the first season. Now, what I really like about the anime itself is how we get easily caught up in the persona of each individual. Enma Ai (Hell Girl) is depicted as cold and motionless, however, as the anime series continue, the team creators behind the series gives her so much depth. Wherein, she could be seen crying for the first man in the anime who availed of his service. That was in the year 1950s. Also, you could see Enma Ai, wiping the tears of one of the victims whose twin sister sold her out and thus making her be whipped for her tiny mistakes.

Another thing that I have enjoyed about the anime is that it is a "covenant" as described by Enma Ai every time someone avails of her services. Wherein after they have been given the doll with the red string, Enma Ai discusses the consequences of their action. After pulling the red string, the person who they wish to be sent to hell will immediately be sent to hell and they too will be sent to hell after they have died.

Upon pulling the red string, the person who was the bully or did a bad thing is to experience the same scenario that the victim have endured. Which puts them in the same equal footing. What does that teaches us? Well for me, it shows that no matter who we are in life, we should at least try to empathize with other people. It also teaches us that for every action that we do or ignore will have a certain consequence.

Now, let us discuss what I do not like about the story, despite of its beautiful animation. First is the wide gap between the four series. It took a year and a half for the third season to be aired, after the second season. Then, the fourth season came after eight years and five months, after the third season. Clearly, people could have forgotten what the series is all about after waiting for so long!

Another thing that I do not appreciate in the first season is about a particular episode. That is for you to figure out. Ha! So what happened in this episode is that a genuinely kind nurse was sent to hell by a strange man. Before we could figure out what was the motive behind his action, he poisoned himself. Just a couple of minutes after pulling the red string. Talk about karma!

In conclusion, the anime has a very well developed story and is worth watching it!

I might pull the red string, will you?
© Copyright 2023 WritingCoffeeBear (coffeebear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297908-Hell-Girl-You-Shall-be-Avenged