*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297936-New-Year-in-June
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2297936
In the Andes the Andean New Year lands on June 21 and more.
June has 30 days, and the solstice lands on the 21st. Looking at Google, there is an Andean New Year that falls on the month of June. Reason? It's because of the sun. The Andes are located in the southern hemisphere so it would be the cooler months. Winter down there. Maybe the wet season. I don't know. But I do know of a person named June. She travels so may have been to the Andes. The wilderness is beautiful by the way. So many trees and a chance to see a monkey. Not to mention the prankster monkeys roaming around here. So she could have known about the Andean New Year which falls on the solstice. Everybody loves grilling out.

The next important thing to notice about the calendar is how my next novel could start out with having a holiday of New Year in June. And to have a dragon born on June. This dragon will have to grow up quickly. 30 days to learn how to fly for example. They can't just magically fly out on their own. That's how long it will take for the dragon to learn how to hunt as well. Maybe it could breathe diamonds on the condition that it is June and good deeds get done. For an entire 30 days too. Otherwise it breathes out copper. Not valuable like diamonds. Everybody deserves a chance. Even when mistakes are made. June is summer in the northern hemisphere after all.

While Spring is the breeding season, June is full of life and activities. The grass is green and the trees are covered with leaves. Not the same in the Southern Hemisphere but different ecosystems vary. All month long it could be sunny out or rainy. Thunderstorm can happen too. The birds sing and the migratory animals are in the north. This ranges from butterflies to birds. I'm working outdoors during the month of June as well. Don't be surprised if this is written in a lawn. So, that being said, breeding season for my dragons happen to be in June. The Alpha and Omegas begin on the first week and followed by the others. Last week comes the Servants. It is no feat to mate successfully. Other mythical creatures mate on other times of the year.

My fictional New Year lands on June but may not align with the Andean New Year. Breeding time happens for the dragons. June is full of life and activities. Juneteenth is a holiday as well to be celebrated. That's coming up. There are also people named June. I have such a friend. The only places it snows in June is either the mountains or in the southern hemisphere. What a wonderful month June is, filled with 30 calendar days.

Prompt: June, What is June?
Word Count: 462
Contest: "DWG FLASH FICTION CONTEST: mega fast

Sources:

Google
Myself
Calandar
© Copyright 2023 Angelica- House Florent B & W (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297936-New-Year-in-June