*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297953-Unforgettable-Stranger
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2297953
Who is your unforgettable stranger?
They like you because of your name, but I did not know hers.

It was a gloomy day and I have always been a regular customer in their café. I go there without any reason, sometimes I go there in order to clear my mind. They have this architecture designs and fluorescence and iced coffee that could brighten your day. Next to it is a furniture shop and a gym, owned by the same person. But we will get there soon.

So what happens is that, I was the only one in their café. It happens sometimes when I visit there that I am the only one. A very typical day. So, I ordered two desserts and an iced caramel coffee. Put on my headphones on and listen to a Percy Jackson Podcast, even if the environment is playing pleasant song selections. I could even hear love songs and mind you, it is the worst. But then, something happened.

I already know who the owner was, a very beautiful woman. Have seen her several times before. Always at her café. It is as if, she lives in her café.

Now, what happens next is something that I will never forget.

She enters and raises both her eyebrows while looking at me. It was the first time that I saw such reaction on someone else's face. I am guessing that she is in her forties, because that is the typical age of a business owner. However, she looks like she is in her thirties.

I could not stop being in tuned with her. Well, at least that is what my body is trying to say. I take a peek at her and see how she listens attentively to her staffs. She even asks them if they have eaten anything. She asks them even if she has not eaten yet. How do I know this? Because her staffs are worried about her. Actually, her balance sheet is displayed on the table behind where I sat and next to it is matcha drink.

She did not need to lose weight, she looks like she has an athletic healthy body and she is a minimalist. Her hair is cut right above her shoulder, she is wearing a v-neck light blue polo shirt and just a casual pair of pants. Her pair of shoes is a pair of casual and athletic look.

I felt that she keeps on looking at me. Maybe wondering why I am alone with my headphones on. Then she catches my eyes. She was wiping her eye using tissue and is staring at me while she is talking to her staffs. Now, my heart is racing because I am feeling something that I have not felt before. So I just ignore it. Then, she starts fixing her hair beside me. That really catches my attention. Next, she walks in a different manner in front of me. Now I am melting at her café. Texting my friend. She takes a glimpse as I message "I am melting. I might wait for her."

Then out of no where, she enters again but this time she is laughing. When I look at her, she looks down and just smiles. It was as if she is just waiting for my permission or consent but I did not, I just froze. And so what she did was that she tries her best to stay away from me with all her might. I could see the smiles of her staffs on their faces.

It started to rain so I stayed for a longer time. When it is time to leave, I looked for her. She is at the furniture shop wherein she could take a peek at me. Her hair is pinned back. She fixed her hair.

Now, every time it rains, I look outside the window. Wondering and hoping that she will drive safely. Wondering if she is in a relationship because I have not seen any ring that she is wearing. Nor have I seen anyone visiting her in her shop. Sometimes I still wonder if she is alone at home. What is their feeling as they open the door for her?

It has been two weeks already and I try my best not to think of her but I always fail. Then suddenly, they have a new coffee selection. It looks like a green coffee just like matcha, what she drank two weeks ago when I met her. I could be wrong, but it is as if such drink is dedicated to me.

Thoughts?
© Copyright 2023 WritingCoffeeBear (coffeebear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297953-Unforgettable-Stranger